Oregon Babies

Camping with LOs

Anyone do this? We desperately want to get out, but are not sure where to have DD sleep. She'll be 12-15 mo this summer. We bought a peapod, but she unfortunately didn't really take to it. We could get a double sleeping bag and co-sleep, but DD *really* sleeps best on her own. I was thinking we could use the peapod self-inflating mattress (basically a small thermarest), but I can't find a tiny sleeping bag.

Any have experience with camping toddlers? TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Camping with LOs

• How about a play pen? It's a big item to pack, but I am guess you are not back pack camping? We are camping this summer with our DS, he'll be 5 months and we will be bringing his pack n play for him to sleep in. We have a big tent... lol
  • imagepdxjenn:
    How about a play pen? It's a big item to pack, but I am guess you are not back pack camping? We are camping this summer with our DS, he'll be 5 months and we will be bringing his pack n play for him to sleep in. We have a big tent... lol

We're doing the same thing. I'll probably end up having her sleep with me in the end, but we can still use the PNP for playing outside or whatever if needed. We already have 3 trips planned so far for this summer.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We don't even own a pnp. Besides, even though we will be car camping (our backpacks are going to continue to collect dust in the attic a little longer, le sigh), hauling that much is pushing it for us. We travel light. I've done a little more asking around and I think we're going to get a kids sleeping bag and warm pjs. Anyone done it that way?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We put DD in a PnP with warm footed pj's and blankets. We didn't have a kids sleeping bag but I think we'll get one this summer. We're also looking at getting a bigger tent with a divider bc DD will wake up at night when we're camping and when she sees us she'll want to play.
  • We did a playpen in the tent when DS was ~9 months.  We had to miss the trip last year. This year we will just have him in his own sleeping bag.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Hey Peachy!  I haven't seen you on here in a while.  You should post a pic of you LO.  I haven't seen a pic of her since she was so little!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"