Oregon Babies
Options

Cheap insurance?

Hey ladies... DH is probably going to accept a job offer he received today but we won't be getting dental insurance or optical for that mater.  So... We are trying to find some cheap dental insurance.  I called about getting it through our home business but we don't have enough employees.  Does anyone know of anywhere we could find some?

Also, advice....

so we wont have medical insurance for 90 days after DH starts his job.  If we get COBRA it is something like $400 and something a month..  Should we go with out because that is soooo expensive or just pay for it?

Thanks ladies!

Angela 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Cheap insurance?

• Options
    Sure...going without would be cheaper. But if someone gets sick, even a few hours in the hospital could absolutely bankrupt you. I guess it just depends on how much risk you are willing to take. :) 
  • Options
    Look on the Regence Blue Cross website, they have some pretty affordable packages.. Or Kaiser. $400 is way too much to pay for insurance.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So the prospective job called back and offered to pay for our cobra. Yeah! Now we are just looking. For cheap dental.
  • Options
    I would try Kaiser for dental and vision first and see if they can give you a package deal.  If not, for just vision I would look into VSP (vision service plan). 
  • Options

Hey Crazy Lady, this is what I used to do. I was an individual insurance broker meaning I specialized in selling to people who didn't qualify for group insurance. That's awesome that they're going to pay your Cobra! As for Dental and Vision, if you want we can talk about some plans and go over them or I can recommend another great broker for you if you want someone to stay on top of your plans since I'm no longer licensed.

• Options
    imageLisiLynn:

Hey Crazy Lady, this is what I used to do. I was an individual insurance broker meaning I specialized in selling to people who didn't qualify for group insurance. That's awesome that they're going to pay your Cobra! As for Dental and Vision, if you want we can talk about some plans and go over them or I can recommend another great broker for you if you want someone to stay on top of your plans since I'm no longer licensed.

Sounds great!  Give me a call when you have a minute... lol  

BTW, we want a picture of Aiden up!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"