Pennsylvania Babies

Announcing...

Ethan is going to be a big brother!!

We found out a couple of weeks ago and it still feels surreal.  I'm not sure how far along I am.  I know I had a period in December then not again until sometime between mid Feb and beginning of March.  That would make me due during the end of Nov or beginning of Dec.  I'll have an u/s in the next week or two to find out. 

I was sick in Dec, my milk supply tanked, AF arrived, and my PCOS symptoms returned.  We decided to ttc on our own but NEVER expected it to happen!!  We are thrilled!  Especially that we didn't have to research alternative treatments or seek IF treatments again.  I can't even explain what a HUGE relief that is to us. 

Raging, all day nausea set in a week and a half ago.  Maybe I'm not remembering clearly, but I don't remember it being this bad.  I feel like I have the flu 24/7 (nausea, gagging, exhaustion, chills, etc).  My limited diet (still dairy, soy, egg, wheat, and peanut free to nurse my food allergic child) is making it much more difficult this time.  I saw a nutritionist to make sure I'm getting everything I need for this baby, Ethan, and myself. 

Please post what helped you with your m/s.  I'm having a tough time finding things to help.  Thank you!

{Blog}
TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Announcing...

• Congratulations!!! I can't really help you with M/S ideas because I lived on dry cereal, but I'm thrilled for you guys! Guess you'll really be working harder to find a house now, right?
  • Big Smile  Congrats again! 

Are you able to have ginger?  I wonder if there is a way you can work that in to something you are able to eat to help calm your stomach.  I'm hoping the m/s subsides for you very soon! 

So excited for you!

• Loading the player...
  • Yay! Congrats again to you!

Honestly, in those early days, the only thing that made me feel better was to eat and eat all the time! I know your diet is limited, so healthy choices might be difficult. Can you have popcorn? French fries and mashed potatoes also worked well during meal time. I needed the comfort food.

Good luck at your ultrasound! I hope you feel better soon!

• Congratulations!  I don't have much advice on the m/s, but I did want to give you some encouragement and tell you that I think you are an incredibly strong person.  You've been through a lot, and you will get through this too!  Stay strong!  Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats, Christina!  That is wonderful news.  So excited for you, and hope you can find something to ease the m/s.
  • Congratulations!  Perhaps talk to your doc about the m/s.  My doc suggested Vitamin B supplements (I believe) to help with m/s, but it passed before I ever needed to get them  I agree m/s was much worse the second time around, but it does pass!
    Anxiously awaiting DD #2! EDD 2/5/12
  • Huge congrats! When i first had ms I'd be in the bathroom within an hour of any food. I did eventually start taking Zantac which help SOOOO much. My Dr. was going to put me on prescription, but I wanted to try that first. Another thing that helped, drug free, was Seabands. The only thing about them is yes, they apply pressure to certain parts of your wrists that help to quell the nausea, but make sure you are near a bathroom or better yet next to a toilet when you take them off. I found that out at the airport in Philly and Dh later read that once you take them off, the pressure points are relieved and you get knocked very quickly with the need to expel what was being held back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations!  I'm so happy for you, and that it "just happened!"   

M/s sucks in general, I couldn't imagine on a limited diet.  I was nauseous 24/7, had no appetite (which didn't help matters), and threw up several mornings a week.  I wore Sea Bands unless I was showering.  Candied ginger helped, especially if I thought getting sick was eminent.  Watermelon did too; I would eat it before a meal, and it would help me get food down.  Benadryl before bed also worked wonders if I needed to be 100% for something the next morning.  

Congratulations again!  Maybe Ethan is getting a little sister if your m/s is so bad!

• OMG Christina!!! That is GREAT!!! Good luck with the morning sickness, hopefully it will pass soon.

CONGRATS :-) 

• Congratulations!!!  What wonderful news. :)  As for the m/s, I can't imagine trying to figure things out on a limited diet - I really just ate whatever I could get down during those weeks.  Not sure if there are any that would suit your dietary needs, but sour candies (like sour patch kids) really helped me.  I also kept oyster crackers on hand because they were easy to pop in my mouth at work (w/24 kindergartners tracking my every move, things needed to be easy to get down, and quickly!).  The ginger trick is another that I've heard helps immensely, but it never did a whole lot for me.  Beyond that, I did a lot of bland, plain foods like potatoes (in various forms), cereal, etc.

GL & best wishes for a H&H 9 months!

• Party!!!CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Party!!!

As far as the m/s - there are a million and one "remedies," but the only thing that even slightly helped me to feel better or be able to eat something that might stay down was going with anything that sounded even slightly appetizing, which will be a challenge for you:( I'm so so so sorry you're feeling so awful:( If it keeps up and you're losing weight etc., Zofran saved my life and made me a functional person, but that would probably be a last resort.

• Congrats!  I am so happy for you, Matt and Ethan!  H and H nine months to you!

As for the m/s one thing that really helped my was sucking on hard candy especially mint lifesavers.  Also chewing mint gum helped.  I also tried those Prego pos and the tart ones like tangerine, etc. helped too.  I tried the ginger pop and just couldn't deal with the taste! 

I know sometimes gum can be dusted in wheat, but maybe you could try different hard candies - mint, sour, sweet.. whatever works!

• Congrats.  For me the morning sickness didn't last as long the second time, so hopefully that happens to you.  Hang in there!
  • Congrats Christina!!! I hope your m/s soon subsides!
  • Thanks everyone!!  I have tried a few things suggested above and feel more confident about getting through this.
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats !!! I'm so happy for you :)
  • Congrats Christina!  I am SOOOO excited for you!!!
  • Holy cow, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

H&H 9 months, and best of luck getting through the tough weeks!

• Congrats! I'm so happy for you! What an exciting time!

I will second rsweetheart that the nausea started much earlier but also ended earlier the second time around, so hope that's true for you!

I did feel like I had it under better control this time too by making sure I almsot always had a little something to eat...not going more than 2 hours without eating something seemed to really head things off.  Also, I was a little better to myself and gave over bedtime duties from 5-13 weeks until I felt better. I would just pass out on the couch after dinner and let DH take over so I could get my 11-12 hours a night! I actually felt a lot better by 11 weeks, but I milked it a lottle longer :)

• Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you! This was the news I was hoping for when I saw your post! Good luck with the m/s, I hope that it is getting more manageable for you. As a pp said, perhaps Ethan will have a little sister since they say m/s can be worse with the opposite gender for some. So happy for you all! 

• Congratulations!  I am so excited for you and your family :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • congrats!! mint tea was my lifeline for the first 17 weeks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"