Baby Showers

Could use some suggestions for hostess gifts for one of my showers

Hi Ladies,

Everyone always has such good ideas. I'm in a little bit of a situation. I have wonderful family friends that are throwing the first of two showers for me. At first, there were two hostesses. Now there are SEVEN hostesses for the first shower. I love them all to death and want to give them a nice gift but can't spend very much money at all now that there are so many people hosting it. My other shower has two hostesses so I feel a little more like I will be able to figure out something for them.

Any ideas?? I didn't even know half the people were going to host the shower until I got the invite. I know its going to be an awesome shower and I can't wait to be around such wonderful people. I just really don't want to look like a huge cheapskate (but then again I can't really afford a ton either! )

Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Could use some suggestions for hostess gifts for one of my showers

• Why don't you invite all 7 of them over for lunch or dinner and give them a nice card.  When there are that many hostesses I think it's kind of ridiculous for MTB's to have to purchase gifts for each one.  The other thing you could do is get each one a potted plant (gerber daisy, etc) and put a ribbon around the pot along with a card.  In days gone by, a card only was acceptable with a heartfelt thank you inside of course.
  • You could make them each a basket with assorted things that they enjoy. For example, one of my hosts enjoys coffee so I made a basket with chocolate covered espresso beans, a bag of gourmet coffee, a couple of mugs, and some cookies. Total cost was about $25 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • I would invite everyone who hosted both showers over for dinner and baby time once baby is born.  They'll love the opportunity to see the baby and everyone enjoys a good, home made meal.
  • Potted plant, flowers, small gc from Starbucks, homemade treats (brownies, cookies, etc) There are tons of options for hostess gifts that can be budget friendly. 
  • my answer is always cookies. get small baskets or tins from the dollar store and fill then with home made cookies. also add a nice cookie recipe card on each one.
  • I found tervis tumblers at BB&B with the letter of their first names and filled them with their favorite canndy.  For my second shower I found cute little makeup bags monogrammed with the letter of their first name. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"