Louisiana Babies
Options

Moving to Baton Rouge!

Hi!  We have just determined that we are moving to Baton Rouge this year, preferably in time for our 5 year old twin boys to start Kindergarten.  We are looking for a great neighborhood and a Catholic parish school - front runners right now are St George, St. Jude, or St. Aloysius.  We will be renting a home for a year while we build.

My husband grew up in BR, so this is a return home for him, but I'm from Houston. 

I'm excited about the move but apprehensive, as I am scheduled to deliver our 3rd son on Thursday!  We're putting our house on the market ASAP.  Please send me any advice you have on the area - thanks so much!

- Anne - 

Re: Moving to Baton Rouge!

• Options
    mzovocemzovoce member
    I have friends who have kids in all of those schools and they are all very happy. The decision is totally personal, but St Aloysius serves the mid century neighborhood of Southdowns and the LSU lakes. St Jude services neighborhoods with newer construction and St George falls inbetween the two. From an education perspective I think they are all about equal. Good luck with your move and the birth of your new one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i agree with the previous poster! i now live in st. jude's parish but i LOVED living in southdowns (near aloysius).

here's a website with neighborhood listings -- i know you're not buying, but it may help you get a feel for the different neighborhoods.

https://www.cjbrown.com/subdivisionlist/BRLAMLS/BATON_ROUGE/Subdivisions.htm

good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"