Infertility
Options

DHEA and IVF

Has anyone taken DHEA in prep for an IVF cycle?  I was talking to my RE nurse today (AF showed today and I have to keep her up-to-date on my cycle.) and she suggested that I start taking 75mg of DHEA per day.  She was telling me that a few patients on this IVF cycle have taken it and have seen double or triple number of follicles/eggs.  There are some side effects...lowering of the voice and increased facial hair.  I have been googling it but most info is a couple years old.  Hoping that some of you lovely ladies have firsthand experience!  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DHEA and IVF

• Options

I did DHEA (75 mg/day) and wheat grass for 4 months prior to last IVF (EPP) and like I just posted below, that was the ONLY cycle that I actually made it to an ER.  My numbers for egg quality etc. dramatically changed (info in my blog).

Let me know if you have any questions but I am a firm believer that DHEA and wheat grass are what made the difference in my cycle.

BTW, I never had ANY s/e

• Options
    They have talked about EPP...but I am not sure how that would work because I need to be on the same cycle as the rest of their patients.  I may be needing to make another phone call next week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I did 75mg DHEA my last cycle and the quality of my eggs seemed to be much better.  They also got 50% more.  I'm taking it again this cycle along with the wheat grass pills.

No side effects for me.

GL!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    girls...did you ask your RE's opinion on DHEA? I assume all gave it the Ok.
  • Options

Hey, hun. My new RE has me on DHEA as well. I was diagnosed with DOR, so he thinks it might help my count. I haven't had my baseline yet, to see what my AFC is. It's Tuesday, but I'll keep you posted.

I'm on 100mg of DHEA. You may also want to check out these PNV:

https://www.coastscience.com/products/totalfertilityforwomen.html

Of 18 couples using it after 2 failed IVF cycles, 17 of them got pregnant with the IVF cycle. I know it's super expensive, but I'm hoping it's worth it.

Good luck. I hope you get a ton of follies this round. ::hugs::

• Options

imagecatery18:
    girls...did you ask your RE's opinion on DHEA? I assume all gave it the Ok.

I did not speak to him directly...just his nurse...but she did say that he was on-board with trying it.  I told her I was willing to try anything...heck, I will stand on my head for an hour everyday if I thought it would help!

• Options
    imagemissred75:

Hey, hun. My new RE has me on DHEA as well. I was diagnosed with DOR, so he thinks it might help my count. I haven't had my baseline yet, to see what my AFC is. It's Tuesday, but I'll keep you posted.

Of 18 couples using it after 2 failed IVF cycles, 17 of them got pregnant with the IVF cycle. I know it's super expensive, but I'm hoping it's worth it.

Thanks for the link Annie!  I have been researching DHEA throughout the evening and where to get it.  Nurse D gave me info for The Apple Crate in Fayetteville...if we can't find it here in J-ville, we may make a trip out there!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and this cycle.  I hope this new RE and protocol are the right combination for you!

• Options
    imageDrVWife:
    imagemissred75:

Thanks for the link Annie!  I have been researching DHEA throughout the evening and where to get it.  Nurse D gave me info for The Apple Crate in Fayetteville...if we can't find it here in J-ville, we may make a trip out there!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and this cycle.  I hope this new RE and protocol are the right combination for you!

I think I got mine at Walgreens. It was tough to find, but they did have 1 bottle of DHEA. You may even find it at Walmart?

• Options
    Thanks for the tip!
  • Options

imageDrVWife:
    Thanks for the tip!

About my Dr... he says I can take both the DHEA and Wheat Grass up until I start stimming.  He makes me stop on Day 1 of stims.

Good luck!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"