Baby Names

Girl names that aren't extremely feminine?

I wish I could give an example. Harper is my best one, although my sister has this name in mind and I don't want to steal it.

Other ideas?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Girl names that aren't extremely feminine?

• I love boys names for girls. Some may disagree. I grew up with girls with the following names:

Ronnee, Billie, Michael (went by Mikey), Rory

I love the name Kevyn for a girl! 

• I have tons, these are my favorite types of names :)

Some of my favorites and ones I've seen around recently:

Quinn, Reese, Emery, Ainsley, Piper, Emerson, Ellison, Avery, Lakelyn, Hadley, Bailey, Rylie, Teagan, Finley, Landry, Paige, Addison, Sloane

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Tori, Drew, Piper, Reese, Raquel (nn Rocky), Norma, Skylar
  • imageajcoghill:

I love the name Kevyn for a girl! 

My Mom is named Kevin!  I also love gender-neutral names... DD is Alexandra, but we call her Alex.  My name is more commonly a boy's name and if this next one was going to be a girl, my top contender was Rowan.

• My favorite one is Teagan. I also like Dylan but i know Dh would never go for it so i havent brought it up yet.

• The only one I can think of that I like at all is Morgan. I'm usually not a fan of more masculine girl names.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • my cousins all have really feminine names that can be shortened to masculine ones:

danielle: goes by dani 

victoria: goes by vic

samantha: goes by sam or sami

i like the idea of options.

• mgrulkemgrulke member
    I think that naming a girl a boy name is a BAD idea.  we have a boy name harper in our school and a girl named rylie.  without seeing their face I would say harper is a girl or seal and rylie is a boy. imho
  • Piper

Shiloh

Sydney

Avery

Morgan

Taylor

Jordan

Harlow

Reese

Marley

Kennedy

Reagan

Cameron

Quinn

Makenzie

Payton

Adair

Waverly

• I have nieces named Morgan, Spencer, and Madison.  A friend has a daughter named Rory.  That's all I can think of at the moment.
  • My goddaughter's name is Finley.
  • kat81kat81 member
    Alex. It's one we're considering.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just told DH about "Kevyn" and he nearly fell off the couch laughing
  • Our LO is Taylor Grace.
  • skyejoskyejo member

I love more masculine girl names. 

We're naming our baby girl Parker, but I also love Kennedy, Morgan, Harper, Taylor, Harlow, Rylie.

• I love Rowan ;)  that is my DD name!
  • imageDani816:

my cousins all have really feminine names that can be shortened to masculine ones:

danielle: goes by dani 

victoria: goes by vic

samantha: goes by sam or sami

i like the idea of options.

This happens in my famiy too: Nicole goes by Nick/Nicki and Elisha goes by Lee and Melissa goes by Mel. I'm Angel, but I go by Fred. Just to keep things interesting. :)

The only thing I've got is Jane, but that's because of the movie, G.I. Jane. But I suppose that could be countered by the *** and Jane books.

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • A lot of people on these boards will disagree but I like gender neutral names for girls.  So many people are going with ultra girly names it's kind of refreshing.  Some I really like are:  Elliot, Sloane, Connor, Collin.  We are having a girl and I loved Elliot but it doesn't go well with our last name.
  • My name is Rory, and I love it!

My mn is Nicole and Robert Kennedy's daughter's nm is Elizabeth.  You could always use the Rori spelling too.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

• Morgan

Quinn

Taylor

Meredith

Sloan

Alexis

Kyle

Ryan

Schuyler/Skylar

Most of those aren't feminine because they are/were boy's names, but whatever. I don't mind unisex names. 

You could also use the feminine version of a masculine name, like Gabrielle. (I had a friend named Gabrielle who went by Gabe.)

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • My mom's name is Jeri. I like Peyton for a boy or girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • >> I love the name Kevyn for a girl!

My girl friend and I have called each other Kevin for 12 years now.  I had considered it for my daughter, but thought people would laugh. :>

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am having a little girl in October and I am naming her Ryker Solimarie! I love girl names that are "not" exactly girl names. Later in life there will be no pre-judging on applications for a job because the employer will not know until the interview.

• imagemgrulke:
    I think that naming a girl a boy name is a BAD idea.  we have a boy name harper in our school and a girl named rylie.  without seeing their face I would say harper is a girl or seal and rylie is a boy. imho

I agree. I would go with a gender-neutral name or just a less-frilly-sounding girl name. Also, go to www.nymbler.com and type in "Harper" under girls' names. It will give you a bunch of suggestions in the same style.

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I love this as well!  My cousin (a boy) is Adrian.  I have a co-worker who named her daughter Adrian back in the 70's.  I just love it!!  It totally goes with her and her personality!  If I didn't have a cousin with the name, i'd probably name my daughter that! 
  • imageswilker:
    A lot of people on these boards will disagree but I like gender neutral names for girls.  So many people are going with ultra girly names it's kind of refreshing.  Some I really like are:  Elliot, Sloane, Connor, Collin.  We are having a girl and I loved Elliot but it doesn't go well with our last name.

Too funny; boy names for girls seem so overdone to me right now that it seems refreshing when you can actually tell by the name if the person is male or female! ;) I guess we tend to notice things we really like or dislike.

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • our daughter is Charley

we get some funny looks and older folks tend to assume she's a boy even though she's in pink dresses, but i think that happens anyway....

• BeckFBeckF member
    I love Jayden, Parker, and Corey
  • We named our daughter Hayden, pairing it with a more feminine middle name Elizabeth.  Do with my second in June. Harper was on my list for girl names along with Paxton and Payton.

• We named our little girl Wesleigh.  It took some getting used to by most people but we thought the "leigh" made it feminine.

I read an article that girls with stong names grow up to be very successful in life- not sure if that is true or not but my little one is VERY confident and sure of herself. 

Don't ask others for name suggestions.  You are the parent and should be the one to decide. 

• We are strongly considering Dylan for our girl :) Now, trying to come up with a good feminine middle name.
  • OMG your daughter Alexandra is beautiful!!   I thought my daughter was the most beautiful but IDK now ........she is definitely competition!

Darling picture and I just had to comment.

• jnealetjnealet member
    Grier - I met a little girl named Grier and she was a cutie.
  • We're naming our daughter Devon Grace :)
  • My daughter's name is Camryn Baylee. We haven't decided on the new baby girls name that's on the way.....

We have discussed Taylor Reid, I would love Riley Grace (Grace for my grandma and to have a little femininity).

I also like Logan and Raegan.

• I like using boys names for girls or unisex names for girls too. I'm naming my daughter Peyton but I thought about Parker, Riley and Reagan.
  • My DD's name is Randi Nicoul. Randi is more of a boys name than a girls and she is named after my grandpa who has passed away but I really liked the name and said that I was going to name my first girl Randi.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"