Working Moms
Options

NWR: What is your go-to baby shower gift?

I know, I know. Buy off the registry. But basically this is a high school BFF who already pretty much has everything she needs for baby. Also, she owns a boutique (not a baby boutique but still, you get the idea.)

HELP!

Re: NWR: What is your go-to baby shower gift?

• Options
    Aden and Anais swaddle blankets (not the target version) will be my go to gift from now on.  They are expensive, but they are WONDERFUL.  They come in two packs or four packs, depending on how much you want to spend.  I saw someone say that they use them as wrapping paper for the shower gift.  Just an idea.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I always buy children's books as part or the only shower gift. They last longer than any clothing item and mean something to me (a former teacher).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    PeskyPesky member
    Children's board books.  Classics that are perfect for first reading like Brown Bear, Brown Bear; Goodnight, Moon; Goodnight, Gorilla; Good Dog, Carl; Sandra Boynton ones; The Very Hungry Caterpillar and so on.  You can't go wrong there.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

I usually snag the bathtub off the registry and then add all the bath stuff - washcloths, soap, toys, etc.

Or, off the registry, I do a big box filled with books and videos and such.

• Options
    Gift card to get portraits photo's done...like to portrait simple or what ever is in the closest mall.
  • Options
    Miracle Blanket.  I normally don't pay $30 for a baby blanket, but that thing was the only blanket that kept DD swaddled and was the best sleep we've had since she was born.  I've given one to several new parents. 
  • Options
    I used to do books (also a former teacher). Now that I am a mom, I plan on giving the Moby wrap, at least to my good friends. That thing has saved me.
    DD 2.9.10 DS born sleeping 12.2.12
  • Options
    Books.  If you arent sure what to pick out ask the people in the childrens section.  People are quick to buy you cutesy little outfits they can wear once but books last a lifetime (insert cheesy commercial like music).
  • Options

i try to buy something I would use off the registry (like swaddle mes or something).

If nothing good on there to buy:

books or diapers/wipes/diaper cream/toiletries

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Swaddleme blanket and the Fisher Price seahorse are my go-to shower gifts now. I loved both so much that I got them for my three SILs who all had babies shortly after me, and they also swear by them now.
  • Options
    I am the diaper cake maker...! That is my gift to baby showers!
  • Options

Sophie teether.  Rockabye Baby CD if there is a version of a band I know the receiver likes.  Sassy Bugs on Board.  I can't think of anything else right this minute.  I always remember the good go-to gifts when I'm using that item, lol. 

Oh, the Mommy Hook  is another one.

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Options
    I always give the pickysticky stickers. Especially to first time moms. They always think they are so cute and unique.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"