1st Trimester
Options

Disney Land while Pregnant!

I'm 11 weeks.. is it unsafe to be going on certain rides at this point? First time ever going, I leave next week!! :D

Re: Disney Land while Pregnant!

• Options
    There are warnings on the rides that pregnant women should stay away from, so I'd probably follow those and use that as my guide.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh, and if you have questions about a specific ride/type of ride and aren't sure if it's OK, I'd probably also ask your doctor before you leave to be sure.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm not seeing my doctor for another month, so a no go there.

Would there be any harm if I did go on one of those rides that advise pregnant woman not to go on? (As I assume by pregnant woman they mean further along in their pregnancy...or maybe not) 

• Options
    My DH and I went to Antigua when I was 13 weeks pregnant with DD and I went ziplining and on a Jeep safari tour.  My OB ok'd it all.  Looking back I think the Jeep tour wasn't the best idea because OMG it was sooo bumpy!  I would definitely talk to your OB and see what he/she says. You can just give your OB office a call and either the doctor or nurse can give you some insight.
  • Options
    imagealreeves:
    imageitsjess:

Would there be any harm if I did go on one of those rides that advise pregnant woman not to go on? (As I assume by pregnant woman they mean further along in their pregnancy...or maybe not) 

Call your doctor and tell him the situation. He will answer your questions before you go so you can have the peace of mind. 

Yep, this. They're used to getting phone calls from patients about all sorts of things.

• Options
    imageitsjess:

I think a lot of the disney rides should be alright as they are mainly cart- type I think only space mountain, the water ride and maaaybe one other if I remember have really hard jerks..

I was about as far along as you were and went on the MBI ride at universal (for their halloween thing BTW each haunted house had a pregnancy warning too, which is obviously for farther along women who may get scared and pop LO out) with no complications as it was slow.. It had a warning on it but I had been on the ride before and knew it wouldnt be a big deal (they fear hard jerking may unattach the placenta) 

As you've never been to disney, you wouldnt know.. can you call the OB office and just ask their opinion? 

As I mentioned it probably shouldnt be too bad though as disney *is* geared for young children..Wouldnt hurt to ask the employees there either, they can give you advice about the types of rides before you go on them.

• Options
    I would agree, Space mountain, Indiana Jones & the white mountain whatever it's called would probably be a no since they are fast and jerk you around, all of the others should  be fine. We went to Disney World when I was 9 weeks pregnant with our first and did a lot of stuff, the only downfall was feeling exhauseted pretty easily so if you can rent a wheelchair for when you need it I would suggest that, but we also did a lot of walking.
  • Options
    We have passes to d land, so we go every couple of weeks or so. The rides you can't go on (roller coasters, tower of terror, etc) will be posted as expectant mothers should not ride. I go on all the kiddie rides, haunted mansion, pirates, soaring, etc, and still have fun. Have a good time :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Making lefse at the cabin **Scott 6/8/96** **Avery 7/24/08** **Brendan 7/15/10**
  • Options
    kg_08kg_08 member
    They have warning signs on the rides that aren't safe for pregnant women. Even at 11 weeks, I would definitely pay attention to the signs! I think the risk on some of them is the severe jerking motion, and can actually partially detatch a placenta. Like I said, even early I wouldn't risk it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageitsjess:

Would there be any harm if I did go on one of those rides that advise pregnant woman not to go on?

Why would you even take that risk?  At 11 weeks you are still at risk for a MC-- if the rides say no pregnant women, then I wouldn't be going on it.  Disneyland will always be there, you can go on those rides another time. 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I loved Disneyland!  (DisneyWorld in our case)  Make sure you take VERY supportive shoes that you have worn before!  You might find you need a nap in the middle of the day too.  I wasn't pregnant when we went and my hubby and I both had SWOLLEN feet by the end of the trip.  Take care of yourself and have fun.  I suggest taking a change of clothes with you too - water rides - wet clothes might not be so much fun in pregnancy!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I echo what other ladies have said, and give your doc a call and ask what may be appropriate. My doctor has okay'd me riding whatever I feel comfortable riding, and that I don't have to worry about restricting rides until I'm 6 or 7 months along and the restraints might hurt, but each person is different and just from my experience, I would avoid rides like the Matterhorn and Indiana Jones due to bumps and jerking around (which I hate having to avoid, but I know I will feel better not riding them, even though I love those rides). Your doctor will know your situation better and may have specific recommendations for what you can and can't do. And for a rest, I highly suggest the train that rides around the park.  I'm 11 weeks and going to Disneyland this Saturday Big Smile
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"