Alabama Babies
Options

Recommend your digital camera & video camcorder

I want a new camera & we need to buy a camcorder before the baby gets here.  I LOVE the Nikon with Ashton Kutcher in the commercial but I think they get pretty pricey!  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommend your digital camera & video camcorder

• Options

I just bought a Nikon D3000...I like it so far but I am having to get used to it.  It was 499 dollars for the camera and kit lense, a bag, and a 2GB memory card. 

I also have a Sony Power shot point and shoot that I have had for 3 years that I always keep on me.  My Sony has a video camera in it so we use that and my husbands blackberry for our video camera purposes. 

• Options

We have a Nikon D60.  It was about $700 if I remember correctly (bought it about a year ago) and I LOVE it!

We also have some kind of Sony camcorder.  I'm not sure exactly which one.  I bought it for DH for Christmas a few years ago.  It's good as far as a camcorder goes, the video quality is excellent, but we really just don't use it much.  Hopefully that'll change when LO gets here.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagestar21gazer:

I just bought a Nikon D3000...I like it so far but I am having to get used to it.  It was 499 dollars for the camera and kit lense, a bag, and a 2GB memory card. 

Does the D3000 have the delayed picture?  I want to take a picture & it capture the picture right then.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecrollin:
    imagestar21gazer:

Does the D3000 have the delayed picture?  I want to take a picture & it capture the picture right then.

It captures the right then picture.  I got this one because all the reviews I read said it's a great intro camera into the DSLR world and since I am new at it it seems like a perfect fit.  

• Options
    We have a Canon Vixia HD camcorder and love it.
  • Options

I have the Nikon P90. It's awesome! It was only about $300. I really wanted a bigger one but for what I paid it's amazing! It's got a great zoom.

I love my sony recorder. It's about 5 years old and still works great. I'm sure there are better ones out there but mine is great for us right now. It's pretty light. Sorry I couldn't give you more info. Good Luck!

Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    imageErin&Gregg07:

I have the Nikon P90. It's awesome! It was only about $300. I really wanted a bigger one but for what I paid it's amazing! It's got a great zoom.

Ditto this. I wanted a bigger one as well, but decided to start out with the P90. I'm really glad I did. While I can shoot in full auto mode, I like that I can also control the conditions of the shot. I think I would've been overwhelmed with a dslr if I had started with that--thats just me though. Good luck!

• Options

We have a Canon PowerShot Digital Elph (an old one) and a Sony Cyber-Shot.

We bought the Sony b/c the LCD screen on the Canon is teeny tiny, but I prefer the Canon for quality, ease of use, and the software.  The Sony is very nice as well, but I think the Canon takes better pictures and I wish we had bought a new Canon instead of the Sony.

They both have built in video capabilities, so we just use them and our iPhones for videos.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"