High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

at what point will you buy nursery furniture?

i hate to even think this way, but since i was put on BR so early, i'm hesitant to buy any furniture for the nursery until much further along in my pregnancy. am i the only one that feels this way? at what point did you feel comfortable buying nursery furniture?

image image

Re: at what point will you buy nursery furniture?

• Options
    i was the same way, i ordered everything around 27, 28 weeks.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I understand where you are coming from.  With our first, my DH wouldn't even let me buy a onesie until 24wks.  We ordered furniture for both kids around 28-30 wks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yah I guess it really depends on the specific risk issue...we are using DD's crib for the second and therefore needed a convertible crib no matter what so it wasn't really an issue. I did wait to get a glider for a bit but it had more to do with finances than baby issues. We were going to have a second baby no matter what so there's no point in not enjoying planning IMO. still, totally get where other mommas come from in waiting
  • Options
    Due to my super high risk pregnancy, I am not buying anything untill after the baby is born. But my baby is going to be in the hospital for atleast 6 weeks after birth, so I will have time. Im also not having a baby shower untill after the baby is born. Kind of a celebration of making it through the whole 9 months!
  • Options
    At my appointment last Friday the doctor told me I was viable, and that the baby was 'perfect' she's in the 42nd percentile. So we went out and bought furniture.
  • Options

When the doctor told us that we were out of the danger zone we started looking at furniture and bought some outfits. I am not having a shower until after the baby is born because we are still scared.

I actually think DH is picking up a crib and stroller today after work to suprise me with!  He asked me to email him the ones I wanted today so I know he has something up his sleeve!  I am so excited!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options
    I have actually bought things online like clothes/sleepers/bottles and that was around 23/24wks, but as far as furniture I am waiting until at least 30wks to really start looking and I am having a shower at 31wks
  • Options
    I was trying to be positive and so I bought and assembled in week 15. My first thought last week when I went to the hospital was that we would have an empty, finished nursery.
  • Options
    We went and looked at cribs and big items yesterday. We will start as soon as we have some other things taken care of. Its a given this baby will be early and I want to be done buying and getting everything together.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"