Austin Babies
Options

new pampers causing burns?

did anyone see this?  while I am not a fan of the new pampers at all, at least they haven't given my child a chemical burn.  crazy.

Re: new pampers causing burns?

• Options
    I have seen several people talking about it on the national boards, but I didn't know that it had been picked up in the news. I can't watch the video right now...did it sound like there was anything to it?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I totally believe it. We bought a case of them off of diapers.com and Will got the worst diaper rash - bleeding and everything. I tried everything I could think of and ended up switching to some old diapers that we had (Pampers, but not the new dry max) by accident. The rash cleared right up. I think part of the reason the rash was so bad is that he was always soaked when I changed him in the new Pampers. I know they say they absorb as well as the old ones, but they totally didn't for Will.

The rash totally could be a coincidence, but we'll be switching diaper brands if they don't do something about it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use them at night, and so far I haven't seen any reaction with Jackson's skin.
  • Options
    mcgeemcgee member
    We cloth diaper, so we haven't tried the new Dry Max diapers, but I've seen several threads about this on this national boards.
  • Options

We haven't had any issues.  I like that they are thinner and I think because they are thinner it's easier to tell when they have pee in them, hence moms thinking they don't absorb as well.  We haven't had any leaks yet (though we don't use them at night) and they seem to work just as good.  I just don't like that they sag so much more now.  Otherwise, they're fine for us.  But I didn't see anything wrong with the old ones.  If it's true that b/c they are thinner they are better for the environment, I'll take a slightly more saggy diaper.

• Options
    We haven't used Pampers since DS was a newborn, but we had this problem with the Target brand diapers.  I'm not sure if there is a similar component in both diapers that is causing the burns.
  • Options

We use Pampers Baby Dry, not in the Cruisers line and have had no problem. I've read a lot about the Dry Max issues and even looked on their facebook page to see what was being said about it. A LOT of people have issues with it.

I just hope they don't touch my Baby Dry. Broken Heart

Mom to an almost 4 y/o and an almost 2 y/o. In process of growing our family through adoption.
  • Options
    we use cruisers and haven't had any problems since the change. ::knocks on wood::
  • Options
    No burns, but Rhett soaks through them every single night. Not only do they leak out the legs, but there is pee soaking directly through the actual outside layer of the diaper itself. I had two old packs in the trailer that we are using for now with no issues. So yeah, they can't convince me it's not the new diapers! They sent me coupons for free diapers so maybe we will try something besides cruisers.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options

Huh.  Several weeks ago (seems like more than the 4 weeks that these new diapers have been out, so this may just be a fluke), DS had some nasty runny poop and it caused a really bad diaper rash.  He got a chemical burn on the back of his leg, around where the elastic went around his leg.  It was horrible, but it only happened that one time (we'd been using Swaddlers for months, and for a couple more weeks after that incident), and I just chalked it up to something in his runny nasty poop reacting with the elastic.  We used Huggies until that cleared up, then switched back to Swaddlers and had no more issues.  I had no idea they'd even "improved" the Swaddlers, or that there were complaints about them causing chem burns (yes, in fact, I DO live under a rock!).  Although, I did notice at one point they seemed to sag more, but I think I noticed that around the time that we moved up a size, so I figured that was the reason...  Jeez, clueless much?

Coincidentally, since we never seem to get down to Sams anymore, we've started buying our Pampers at HEB, and the Baby Dry are much cheaper than Swaddlers at HEB, so we've been using them for the past 2-3 weeks with no issues at all.  Looks like we'll continue to use Baby Dry.

• Options

We use Huggies or Kirklands (Costco) depending on price. We got a sample of the new Baby Dry from an order from diapers.com a week ago. Emily had a rash after 2 diapers. I wasn't going to switch or anything anyway, just using free diapers but I won't be using them anymore ever.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Are they using the same chemicals in the regular swaddlers or just the dry max?  I have a lot of regular swaddlers for Newborns to tide us over until baby S will fit into cloth.
    IMG_1749_2
  • Options

imageSpanishbeauty:
    Are they using the same chemicals in the regular swaddlers or just the dry max?  I have a lot of regular swaddlers for Newborns to tide us over until baby S will fit into cloth.

Just the dry max, I believe. We were totally fine until they switched over to the dry max in Cruisers a few weeks ago. We're using Baby Dry now (w/o the dry max) and are having no issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"