Northern California Babies
Options

Collin Update

Thank you all so much for the prayers, dust and well wishes. Collin's fever came down this morning at 5am to 94.7 rectal and seems to not be going higher than about 99.6 temporal. They say that 99.6 can be normal for infants. My thought is that if he got down to 94.7..maybe he is one of those kids that runs low temps anyway so couldn't 99.6 actually be high for him?

His labs have all come back good. We still have to wait for the spinal fluid, blood and urine culture to finish growing. The Dr came in today and said he seems to be improving but will not be going home until the cultures are negative AND he is 24 hours fever free. If the cultures are negative and he spikes a fever or if cultures are positive..we are stranded at Hotel Sutter. Collin is much more alert and had even slept peacfully this afternoon. Last night was another story. He is on 2 antibiotics that are just tearing up his little tummy. So needless to say I am changing a diaper every hour or less and he still has horrible diaper rash, and gas. The nursing staff is superb (of course) and the cafeteria food is pretty good. I just had a pretty killer salad bar. The hospital of course delivers me meals so I dont HAVE to go to the cafeteria...but the good food is down there. I will post if anything new happens. Thanks again so much for all the good thoughts.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Collin Update

• Options
    So glad to hear he's improving! Soooo scary!
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Glad to hear that things are looking up.  I will continue to keep him in my thoughts.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hope things keep moving forward lots of prayers for u guys
  • Options
    I'm so glad he's doing so well!  Hopefully you'll have some answers and be in the clear soon.
  • Options

thanks for updating us.

lots of well wishes!

• Options

Thanks Ladies!

He is finally sleeping peacfully. Not too sure for how long though.

• Options
    I'm so happy to hear he's doing better!  I hope all the cultures come back negative and he stays fever free for 24 hours so you all can go back home!!! 
  • Options
    Great news that he is improving. I hope the diarrhea improves and you can all go home and get some rest. Thanks for the update, I was thinking about you guys.
  • Options
    Still thinking about you.  Hope the improvements continue!
  • Options
    CaroleeCarolee member
    I'm glad he's doing better, and I hope he gets to go home very soon!
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"