Always hungry and low blood sugar — The Bump
Breastfeeding

Always hungry and low blood sugar

I've struggled with this issue pretty much the entire time I've been nursing. I'm hungry as crap after I pump or nurse. I try to eat often though to stop any lightheadedness. Even so, it seems like a constant struggle. It got a lot better after I stopped eating oatmeal in the mornings. I still take fenugreek (just one pill a day) but now I think that might be making it worse based on this web page. I have stopped taking it a few days here and there but I still get hungry/ lightheaded a lot on those days as well. Also, I'm 20lbs above my pre-pg weight, so I know its not that I don't have enough "in storage" that my body could draw from.

Also, I try to eat a lot of high fiber, high protein foods to stay fuller longer which do seem to help but not as much as you'd think. 

Ideas? TIA!

Re: Always hungry and low blood sugar

• I know this is late but I deal with the same thing.  I now eat at least 6 times a day to keep things under control : 3 meals, 3/4 snacks. I make sure to never let more than 3 hours pass without eating, complete with email/cell alarms to remind myself. I drink a ton of water too. I am still always hungry but the schedule keeps my blood sugar under control.   hope this helps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards