Boston Babies

Pediatrician in Norwood

Does anyone have a personal experience (or opinion) with any pediatricians located at Dedham Medical Associates in Norwood? My husband and I want to use a doctor in this practice but are overwhelmed with narrowing down our selection. I want to use personal references but no one I know uses a pediatrician at this location.

Any feedback?

Re: Pediatrician in Norwood

• I don't have any personal experience (due in June!) but I live in Norwood and have heard great things about Dr. Garrety, Dr. Midura (spelling?) and Dr. Cuozzo. When I called only Dr. Midura was taking new patients. She is running a "Meet the Pediatrictions" night on May 12 that anyone can sign up for.  A co-worker of mine had her baby at 30 weeks and has been back and forth many times with a preemie....she sees Dr. Midura and highly recommended her.

Hope that helps!

• I'm currently looking for a ped in Dedham/Norwood area, so i'm heavily leaning toward Dedham Medical too.

A few of my friends go to Dedham Medical - here are there reviews of the Dedham Medical Pediatricians. From what my friends say - it is really about finding the doctor that fits you personally because you will be communicating a lot with them.

Dr. Fehser ? great, fast, efficient, she fires questions at you and talks fast, thinks fast, etc.

Dr. Perry- more touchy-feely. She says things like ?goo-goo-gaa-gaa? and plays with the babies. So she?s always late to appts but some people like a touchy feely doctor (esp. pediatrician)

Dr. Hadley ? pretty cold as a person but a very thorough Doctor. She is older than Perry/Fehser (they?re prob in their mid 30s ? they both have young kids too). I thought she was totally qualified and thorough but found her to be kind of a dud as a person.

Dr. Gayle ? she?s older ? probably don?t want to use her as she?ll probably be retiring soon.

Dr. McGarry ? I really liked her - She was kind of like Fehser and Perry combined.

Dr. Shusterman - likes him but he can sometimes go overboard in being thorough (i.e. measured my friends infants head & recommended a cat scan but both parents had large heads & mother worked at Childrens & knew that it was unnecessary given the fact that both herself & her husband had very large heads as babies) - so if you would rather air on the side of over-cautious - he may be a good fit for you

** my friends said that they always run on-time with appointments, never had to wait more than 5-10minutes** 

Hope this helps! I am going to the Meet the Pediatricians night in May to hear more about their practice & what pediatricians are available for accepting new patients.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for responding! That definitely helps!
  • Thank you!!!!!
  • Thank you!  Do you call the office to sign up for meet the pediatricians?
  • We use pediatric associates of norwood and franklin.  When I was looking for one last year the Dedham medical associates website was all out of date which annoyed me so I didn't even look at them. 
  • Yup I'll be there!
  • I've posted this a few times but I loved him so I'll keep posting! My daughter saw Dr. Fox at NWH and he's out of Dedham Medical.  I loved him he was easy to talk to and very informative.  If we lived closer he would def. be our pedi.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"