3rd Trimester
Options

Do your swollen feet feel like a huge bruise?

My feet are really swollen and super tender to the touch (like a bruise). Is that normal?

My left leg (the one that is actually less swollen) is achy...I wouldn't say super painful, but uncomfortable.

I've tried laying on my left side to help-what else can I do?!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do your swollen feet feel like a huge bruise?

• Options

I'm allergic to mosquito bites..

one summer i got bit on my toe and my entire foot swelled up... i couldn't even walk on it! it was real tender to the touch and was tbat way for a week! 

try giving them a nice soak in some warm/not hot water.. and see if that does anything. ;)  as for your legs, idk what to tell you! :( sorryyy..

• Options

Mine ache when they are swollen, keep them elevated, lie down so your legs are higher than your head for awhile. And drink LOTS of water!

Hope you feel better soon. 

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mine are really bad! i can't stop looking at them.. they hurt so bad!! it literally looks like someone blew air in them like a rubber glove! when i walk it hurts the area between my toes and the top of my foot.. its so horrible! is it really bad if they are seriously really swollen?? mine got swollen from DS but never this bad.. its making me nervous!!
  • Options

I actually made a post that sounds almost exactly like this a few weeks ago. My whole right foot has been like this since about 36 weeks. Ankle, toes, top of my foot, everything hurts. The other foot is a bit sore but not too swollen. My hands have started in the past week being very painful, especially my fingers. My MW said to drink even more water. The water is being retained in the wrong spots so its almost bone on bone rubbing together.

I got a massage on Friday and it took down so much of my swelling and made everything feel great- but only for the day.

• Options
    epona3epona3 member

The bottoms of my feet feel like this when I first walk on them (like when I get up at night to pee - ouch!)

I've been trying to stay off them, drink lots of water, keep them elevated, etc.  I've also gotten some relief from going swimming (this helps the most - I think it gets the fluid moving and keeps it from pooling in my feet) or just soaking my feet in cold water.

Here's hoping it doesn't last too much longer!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageepona3:

The bottoms of my feet feel like this when I first walk on them (like when I get up at night to pee - ouch!)

I've been trying to stay off them, drink lots of water, keep them elevated, etc.  I've also gotten some relief from going swimming (this helps the most - I think it gets the fluid moving and keeps it from pooling in my feet) or just soaking my feet in cold water.

Here's hoping it doesn't last too much longer!!!

I also suggest decreasing sodium intake and eating more potassium (like bananas).  Potassium helps to counteract the bloat effects of sodium.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"