3rd Trimester
Options

Any advice for keeping visitors at bay?

We'll be having a c-section at around 7:30am. I'm fine with DH's parents and my parents being at the hospital for the section. However, I would really like for all other visitors to wait a few hours before bombarding us. I would like some time with just us so we can get to know our new baby and look her over and me and her get settled. I also don't want people there the first time I nurse her. So how would you go about politely telling people to stay away till, say...lunch time or later?
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Team Peeta Tag Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: Any advice for keeping visitors at bay?

• Options
    Tell your family to call them in the afternoon or give them the wrong scheduled time. lol
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    if you've already told them what time you're having your c-section.. i'd just tell them that the hospital won't let you have any visitors until a certain time (you choose a time you would think you'd feel comfortable having people visit)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageOriana.Ocampo:
    Tell your family to call them in the afternoon or give them the wrong scheduled time. lol

LMAO! This was DH's plan. He actually told his aunt the wrong date!

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Team Peeta Tag Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options

I would just say, "we will start calling everyone when it's all clear to come see her." 

Besides you could always say that they don't allow visitors for the first few hours post op...which in most hospitals is actually true.. 

• Options
    We're not calling anyone aside my mom (she'll be in delivery) until after LO is born and a little settled.. I dont have much family in the area it's mainly to let SO's parents know they can start driving here from Arkansas.. but if coworkers and such want to come the announcements will be sent then as well..
  • Options

Our hospital has a no visitors, deliveries, etc. time blocked off everyday.  We are telling those, other than our parents that our parents will call and let everyone know what time visiting hours start up, if we are up to it.  The nursing staff can keep anyone at bay you don't want to see.  Blame it on strict hospital policy and then let your nurses know how you want things handled for you ahead of time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am being honest with people and letting them know that the 1st hour no one will be allowed in the room. I really want to bond and enjoy that time as a family of 3 for the first time. Everyone has been supportive so far including our moms who I know will be dying to come in. If anyone changes tune on d-day I'll have the nurses kindly kick them out!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Just tell them you don't want visitors until X time. You're going to have to get used standing up for yourself or you're going to have non stop visitors for a week.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Our hospital is great. NO one is allowed in until I am in recovery (about 1hr after birth) and then it's only 3-4ppl at a time WHEN I say so. The nurses like getting snarky b/c they have to be nice all the time lol. I plan on bringing a few bags of candy to bribe them if I have to (and as a thank you for taking care of me and helping with the family)
  • Options

My SIL has a C-section at 6:30am. She texted everyone when the baby was born saying she would let everyone know when she was ready for visitors. The hospital has a laminated sign that you can put on your door that said mom and dad are bonding with baby please check back in _______ and you fill in the time with a dry erase marker. There was a nursing one. She just kept that on the door so if people showed up at the hospital they didn't come in. Then the nurse didn't have to be the one to shew them away.

She texted everyone around 12:00 to say she was ready for family to come meet the little guy. If you are having a c-secion you don't know how you will feel, if you will get sick from the meds, etc. i would tell people ahead of time your plan and then they will give you the space you need. 

• Options
    My hospital (when we did the tour) told us we make the rules.  If we don't want visitors during a certain time they won't let anyone in.  Let them be the bad guy for you. 
  • Options

In our hospital they don't let you walk till the next day after a cesarian. So the first day is miserable. I don't mind people seeing the baby with hubby while I'm in recovery, but once we get to the room they don't come in. Our hospital even gives you a paper of who you want to allow to visit with the security guard.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Just don't tell people that you have a planned c-section for that day. Call them after.

• Options
    I would just be honest with them and let them know that you would not like any visitors in your room for a bit afterwards.  We will be telling all of our family and friends to wait at least 4 hours(depending obviously when baby is born.).  Like you said you will have your first feeding with baby, first bath, and just taking it all in.  I want that time to be with just DH and LO
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday   tickers image image "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
  • Options
    I'd tell them that your hospital or doc has said they need to wait a few hrs, that hospital hrs for visitors aren't until noon for this procedure, etc  They won't know the difference.  You can also request that the hospital refuse visitors who come until you give the green light- most are more than happy to do so since they really can't give out your medical info (like room number) anyway without permission.  You'll just have to make sure that everyone else involved is on board, otherwise there will be a backlash for sure when someone's feelings get hurt and they find out.  My hospital even provides "Do Not Disturb" signs for the doors ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker Melanie Paige was born 7/7/10 @ 8:48 AM- 7 lbs 4 oz, 19 in! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lana Michelle was born 1/9/07 @ 9:40 AM- 6 lbs 14.5 oz, 19.5 in! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"