High-Risk Pregnancy

No More Bed Rest: Kinley's here!

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/35964129.aspx

I also thought I'd add, because I see it a lot: There really IS a misconception on the bump that high blood pressure isn't a big deal unless it turns into pre-e or something else. That's NOT true at all. My doctor actually showed us the placenta because it was completely covered in white spots, which turned out to be calcification brought on by my PIH. I never got pre-e or anything else, just high blood pressure, and it caused this in my placenta. The doctor said even though I went into labor over a week early (thankfully before my induction date) my placenta looked like one from someone who was well over her due date. All caused by high blood pressure and nothing else. SO - take it seriously. It causes problems, and the calcification can make it harder for baby to get oxygen. 

Kinley Joy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: No More Bed Rest: Kinley's here!

• Congratulations!!

Question about PIH ~ I was just diagnosed with this (at 33 weeks). Do you mind telling me how when your high bp was detected? And, what your average bp was?

TIA!

• Congrats!  Celebrate your full-term baby!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGoPokes2003:

Congratulations!!

Question about PIH ~ I was just diagnosed with this (at 33 weeks). Do you mind telling me how when your high bp was detected? And, what your average bp was?

TIA!

Sorry it took so long for the reply - I'll PM you cause this post is sort of buried now. She's still in the NICU so we basically travel back and forth every three hours to be there to feed her until she gets to come home.

Kinley Joy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"