Stay at Home Moms

Poll: Upcoming VACATIONS

A couple of you have mentioned vacations today and it got me thinking...especially with summer coming.... 

When and where are you going and what are you excited to do on your vacations?

Re: Poll: Upcoming VACATIONS

• We can't do summer vacations thanks to DH's schedule so in the Fall we're going to Colorado to visit my sister and her family.

Next month we're spending a night in San Diego for a college graduation. I am thinking of it as a vacation because we're staying at a really nice hotel!

• We are going to the Outer Banks, NC for a long weekend - the weekend before memorial day this year...we are also going to Hilton Head, SC for a week with the IL's in June...we are headed back to the Outer Banks of NC in August for a week. We LOVE the beach but I can't wait to see DD at the beach for the first time. We love to get seafood and cook dinner all week as well as go out for some yummy dinners. I will be excited to just have family time without having to worry about daily chores!

We are also going to England and Ireland in the fall with DD!

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrsRebecca:

We can't do summer vacations thanks to DH's schedule so in the Fall we're going to Colorado to visit my sister and her family.

Next month we're spending a night in San Diego for a college graduation. I am thinking of it as a vacation because we're staying at a really nice hotel!

I LOVE Colorado! That is on our list for one vacation in our lifetime! I went in June one year and hiked and hiked and hiked! BEAUTIFUL!

• We are going to New Orleans in June!!! We lived there for three years (recently moved home to PA) and are going back to visit friends!!! I CAN'T WAIT:)  We are also going to Kiawah Island in SC for a week in July!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In 3 weeks we are going to Maine for 4 days - we rented a house

In June we are going to NYC for a long weekend to visit my sister

Sometime later in the summer we are going to Cape Cod for a week with som friends

In September we are going to Santa Barbara, CA (where I grew up) for a week. I am doing the Avon 2 Day Breast Cancer Walk there for a weekend and staying with one of my best friends who I haven't seen in almost 3 years - I am SO excited to see her and be back in my hometown.

We will probably go to Florida for a week at some point, too - my parents live there.

So, a lot of little trips this year.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No big vacations planned for us unfortunately.  We are having this baby June/July, are moving in September, and there is a good chance my husband will be getting a new job this year too.  Our only scheduled getaways for the rest of the year are 2 nights in Tahoe (definitely better than nothing!) and Thanksgiving to visit my parents. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Memorial Day weekend--our vacation cabin, relaxing & getting things ready for summer, sitting by the fire

Late June/July--week at a house on the beach in NC, relaxing & watching the kids play in the sand.

August--spend 3wks up at our vacation cabin...going to the lake, sitting on the deck, going on walks, watching movies, visiting w/ friends. 

AKA Carol*Brady! IHO my upcoming 10yr Nestiversary--Back to old screenname. My own Marsha, Jan & Cindy... imageDesigning a Life Blog
  • We aren't doing anything fancy. We're going to rent a cabin at the lake for 3-4 days - borrowing our friend's boat (if they can't go with us). I don't camp in tents anymore!

In Oct we're going to San Antonio - take DD to Sea World, and go do some of the other stuff they have there. Spend maybe a week.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We are going to St. Louis in June for a long weekend. We will go to the zoo and do some other sightseeing. 

DH and I will go somewhere close by for our anniversary in August just for the weekend. 

We are going to FL in Sept to the beach. We are staying about 45min from Tampa so we will probably go to Busch Gardens for a day...they have a Sesame Street area with kids rides and water play area. Other than that we will just be chilling on the beach. Both of our kids love to play in the sand so it is easy/cheap entertainment.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • IlumineIlumine member

We are starting our Vacations early - as in this week.

HOWEVER, I live in Europe and only have a limited time to go everywhere on our list.  As well as we have tons of family and friends who are visiting (case in point this weekend), which forces us to vacation more.

We will be doing 4 days in London, 4 days in Paris and 1 day in Amsterdam (something to do with/about brownies).

But for just a family vacation - we are flying back to the States for DH's family reunion in the Eastern Most part of Maine (LOBSTER HERE I COME!)

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • In August my entire family (immediate and extended) is going on a 7-day cruise.  I am really looking forward to that.  It'll be seven days of good eating, being with family and great activities.  Best of all, DS is old enough this time to go to the children's club on the ship so MH and I can actually go to shows this time.  The last time he was too young (8 months old) and we went to  bed when he did which made for un-eventful nights for us.

Before that we'll probably do a long weekend somewhere, maybe in May before Memorial Day when it gets busy here at New Jersey beaches.

• imageNoodle716:

We are going to the Outer Banks, NC for a long weekend - the weekend before memorial day this year...we are also going to Hilton Head, SC for a week with the IL's in June...we are headed back to the Outer Banks of NC in August for a week. We LOVE the beach but I can't wait to see DD at the beach for the first time. We love to get seafood and cook dinner all week as well as go out for some yummy dinners. I will be excited to just have family time without having to worry about daily chores!

We are also going to England and Ireland in the fall with DD!

Wow, you guys are busy!!  Sounds like cool trips.

• Sounds like so many FUN things you all are doing!  :)

June/Father's Day - We are spending 9 days in Texas with my family where Emily can swim (my mom has a pool), spend time with her Gran and Pawpaw and Aunt Jenny; we can eat at all our favorite restaurants; visit friends; and take Emily to SeaWorld and Schlitterbahn.

August - DH & I are going to Baltimore, MD for 4 days/3 nights for a Panting/Sculpting Contest while my mom is out here in CA with Emily.  He's going to take me to the Aquarium and the Natural History Museum. 

September - DH & I are taking our annual Anniversary trip to Playa Mujeres.  7 days/6 nights all alone.  Woo!

October - We are taking Emily to Disneyland to enjoy their Halloween Spooktacular.

December - We always go to Texas for 3 weeks over Christmas.

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• This year we just have a one week vacation (OBX) planned for the end of May.  With the baby coming this summer, all other vacations are on hold until next year.  

DH and I were hoping to return to Hawaii for our fifth anniversary in January, but I'm not sure that's realistic with a new baby.  So, we'll probably put off that trip until the following year.  I'm ready to start really vacationing again after we're done with all of this pregnancy/baby stuff!  One week at the beach with a toddler, while pregnant, does not count as a vacation!  :-)

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • In June DH and i are going to Boston for a long weekend (no kids!) for the Phillies - Red Sox

In September we are going to OBX for a week with another couple and their kids

Memorial Day we will be heading to the beach in southern NJ for a long weekend.  We will also be down there random weekends throughout the summer, or I will go down solo with the kids during the week.  If we didn't have stuff going on this weekend, I would be down there right now!  It is hot here!

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • We are going to NYC for a long weekend in two weeks and then another long weekend in Baltimore in August.  Both are without child.  We have short little day trips planned to do with Eva throughout the summer.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We're going to Italy for three weeks... we leave on Thursday.  We're doing everything- vatican, and the ancient rome sites, mt. vesuvius and pompeii, tuscany, florence.  I can't wait!

Then we're going to Colorado for a week in August.  Family stuff there- hikes, bike rides, crafts, campfires, etc.  

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, it's not a full-fledged vacation, but my daughter and I are going to Chicago next week for 4 days to look at colleges.  We have some extra time, so we plan on doing some sightseeing and exploring the city.

Also, she has a couple of schools that she's interested in in New England and over the summer, I think we're going to take a trip up there (with DH and Ben joining us) and we'll make a mini-vacation of that.

I also promised Ben that we would take him to the beach...but we're close enough to the Jersey shore that I think we'll just make that a day trip.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"