Toddlers: 24 Months+

repost from 12-24 board- potty training

did you buy a stand alone potty or did you buy one that attaches to the toilet? i really dont want a stand alone potty b/c it kinda grosses me out( not sure why since i change poopy diapers all day). i would like to get one that attaches to toilet although toilet is not too low. what do you think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: repost from 12-24 board- potty training

• I had the same thoughts as you, but they were freaked out by the seat on the toilet-which I bought first. So I went with the stand alone potty and they love to sit on it. I figured whatever gets them excited/comfortable about potty training....I can deal with the mess I suppose for the short run until they are ready for big potty.  

If you can get away with the seat I would do it...but if it freaks your LO out then maybe the stand alone. GL

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I actually have both because depending on the day my DD will want one over the other.
    Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We are also going to skip the stand alone potty and just buy a seat attachment.  I think we are going to wait another couple of months before we start the process.  Who knows how it will go!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We bought both. We started with the stand alone potty until she got used to it and then started the other one.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have both, at first DS was freaked out by the regular toilet. The little potty was a lot less intimidating. He goes in the regular toilet now, except for pooping. He still doesn't feel totally comfortable going on the big toilet. But I think he'll get there. Its much easier to not do the stand alone potty, but its been much easier w/ potty training to have the options.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"