Parenting after 35

DS is a DOC Band Grad!!!

First I wanted to say thanks to everyone here who has supported me since Aaron was two months old and first diagnosed with Torticollis and Brachycephaly.  You guys helped me stop feeling guilty and have cheered Aaron on.  So thank you!

Today I took him to Cranial Technologies for his exit appointment and "graduation".  I won't bore you with all the measurements and numbers, but will share that his cephalic index (way of measuring brachy) decreased from 100% and a standard deviation of +5.3 to 86% and a +1.2 SD (the mean is 78%).

I have pics of his exit photo study. Once again he got scared by the technicians and the set-up, so he's sobbing in them, but the changes are remarkable. It was worth every penny?and that was nearly $7000 for both helmets?to fix my son's head.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!

Re: DS is a DOC Band Grad!!!

• Wow, the difference is incredible when you see all the pics side by side.

So glad that Aaron is a "graduate"!!  Wonderful news!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wow, that is really incredible!!! Congrats Grad! ;D
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay!  The progress is really remarkable, I am so happy it worked!  Poor little Aaron, though, he looks so upset.  :(
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • remarkable!! good job mom for sparing no expense to do what is best for your child! he was always perfect - now he is just extra super perfect!! ;-)
  • WTG Mama!  And good for your for being his advocate!  The changes are amazing - and you sharing your story educated all of us.

Although I hate to see him so upset...breaks my heart Broken Heart

• Thanks, guys!  

And Aaron's not perfect.  If he SLEPT better, then he'd be perfect. Stick out tongue

But I'll keep him!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Yay Aaron!!! What a huuuuuge difference that's made.

I'm so, so, so happy for you guys!

• Awwww. Is it bad that I think he is super cute in the sobbing one?

You can really tell the difference in the pictures from of the top of his head. He looks great and I am so happy that he is done and you got the results you were hoping for.

• imagerobynlesley:

But I'll keep him!

Now, you know there is a line of Bump Aunties who'd snap him up if you just say the word!

• PeskyPesky member
    what a difference!!  He looks great!  Unhappy at the end but great!!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• WOW just WOW!  the difference is amazing - i'm SO glad you guys are over this and he looks SO amazing!
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations Aaron!. He especially looks cute in the very top right. So scared.
  • Baby High Fives all around!
  • Nice job Mama! 
  •  Wow! Congrats to your whole family for getting through it! The before and after pictures are just amazing.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • woohoo!! way to go Aaron!
  • Hurray!

Aaron looks awesome, Robyn. Bye-bye DOC Band (just in time for warm weather - woo hoo!)

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"