Attachment Parenting
Options

I need serious help

So I haven't nursed DD during the day at all since last Monday (4/19) and she still refuses to nap for me without nursing first. I didn't use to nurse her to sleep, but I did always nurse her after lunch and before her nap.

She has napped ok for the sitter and for DH (they've said it has taken longer, but still they're able to get her to sleep), but not for me no matter what I do. I end up taking her out in the stroller for a long walk and sometimes she'll fall asleep, but it's not guaranteed.

I know she is tired. She makes all the sleepy signs before I start the process of trying to get her to nap and after the nap fails, she is overtired and hysterical. I am getting overtired and hysterical. What else can I do besides go back to nursing her before her naptime?

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I need serious help

• Options

Ugh, I'm so sorry! I wish I had advice for you. DS still loves to nurse before his nap as well, and I'd like to start getting him less reliant on sleep**.

Does she nurse before bed also? If not, maybe try the same routine you use at bedtime? Or maybe a longer wind-down before naptime (before she gets sleepy) and start a routine that includes rocking, books, singing, or whatever. If she does nurse before bed, are you trying to stop that as well? Maybe your DS and sitter could share how they are getting her down... not that it would work for sure (lord knows DS is harder for me to get to sleep than anyone else), but maybe there's a trick there.

Maybe it will just take time... good luck!

**ETA: I mean less reliant on NURSING to sleep. Obviously he can continue to rely on sleep. :)

• Options
    I don't have any advice, but *hugs*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"