Parenting
Options

Potentially flameful post here, since I'm going to have to have IVF...

Would it be really be wrong to go ahead and say find me some girl sperm?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, beggars can't be choosers, but seriously.

Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.

Re: Potentially flameful post here, since I'm going to have to have IVF...

• Options

No, it's the same as doing Shettles.  Or crossing your fingers and hoping for the gender of your choice.

Only IVF is more accurate.

Me with my littlest.
  • Options

Not flameful at all.  I think that's pretty normal for a woman to want a daughter.

BUT, I will tell you....I'm already having major struggles with my 3 year old girl!  I can only imagine this will get harder as she/they get older.  The girls these days are so different than the ones I grew up with, that's for sure.

Are you SURE you wouldn't like another boy?!  : )

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's a wonderful idea.  You have to endure so much, why not get something specific out of it.  I will probably get flamed right along with you by all the, "you should be grateful for a healthy baby people"
  • Options

Um, excuse me, but who are those BOYS in your siggie?  Holy shitballs, they are so not bebbehs anymore.

Beautiful.

• Options

Ya know what, if you have to go through all that time, money and energy, why the H*ll not :)

That said, if you're already having swimmer issues, I'd hate to cut the number down roughly in half once again.  One thing you might have going for you in the girl department, though - the female sperm are usually the heartiest and doesn't IVF lean toward more girls?  I could be wrong...

((((hugs))) hon!  Thinking of you and hoping the IF road ahead is kind to you :) 

• Options
    Do it! :) I see nothing wrong.  Although, I do love love love my two boys :)
  • Options

imageMrsFallBride:
    I think it's a wonderful idea.  You have to endure so much, why not get something specific out of it.  I will probably get flamed right along with you by all the, "you should be grateful for a healthy baby people"

I think you're awesome.  LOL

• Options

Not flameful, if that's what you really want.  There's a company around here that does gender sorting, either with an IUI or IVF.

But it's not so bad having more than one boy.  :) 

• Options
    imageBubblyToes:

Um, excuse me, but who are those BOYS in your siggie?  Holy shitballs, they are so not bebbehs anymore.

Beautiful.

Moi?  Thank you, if so.  They are huge and keep me busy and entertained. 

Me with my littlest.
  • Options
    if you have to do it anyway...then why not. 
    Nathan 7-13-06 ~ Elizabeth 4-12-09 ~ Zachary 8-5-11
  • Options
    Never hurts to ask.  My SIL's Dr. would not do it.  He chose the 4 healthiest (for lack of a better word) embies, froze two and implanted two.  She ended up with boy/girl twins!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You're already doing IVF, right?  It's another $2,000-$5,000 to add PGD which can screen for a variety of birth defects (Trisomy 13, 18, 21, etc.) and can determine sex of the embryo before egg transfer.  Why not add that in if you really want a girl?  I see nothing wrong with it.
    Ryan 5/2010, Kyle 1/2007, Eric 3/2005
  • Options
    Go for it. Why not? You deserve it. However, I would pay a bajillion dollars to NOT have another girl. But then, mine is a bit, um, challenging right now.
  • Options

If I had to do IVF, I'd definitely go for a girl.  But, it's no secret around here that while I love my boys more than life itself, I still pine for a daughter.

Best of luck to you!

• Options
    We would totally do that if we were going to do IVF anyway. I'd pay extra NOT to have a girl :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageHooray2005:

Ya know what, if you have to go through all that time, money and energy, why the H*ll not :)

That said, if you're already having swimmer issues, I'd hate to cut the number down roughly in half once again.  One thing you might have going for you in the girl department, though - the female sperm are usually the heartiest and doesn't IVF lean toward more girls?  I could be wrong...

((((hugs))) hon!  Thinking of you and hoping the IF road ahead is kind to you :) 

Ditto exactly!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"