Toddlers: 24 Months+

What does your DC sleep with?

Quentin insists on having his favorite blankie (of course) along with his Moose A Moose stuffed animal my sis made, and his stuffed puppy.

If one of these items is in the wash, he has a complete meltdown.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: What does your DC sleep with?

• I think the better question is what doesn't your DC sleep with?  DD sleeps with her moose, horse, sheep, buffalo, bunny, curious george, duck, panda bear... and the list goes on...

Photobucket Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • imageduckiegrl:

I think the better question is what doesn't your DC sleep with?  DD sleeps with her moose, horse, sheep, buffalo, bunny, curious george, duck, panda bear... and the list goes on...

DD sleeps with her blanket, Nemo, rabbit, Cabbage Patch, Pooh Bear, books, toy cars, etc.  In the last week she now has to tuck them all in too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DS sleeps with his blankie, curious george and whatever toy he insists on bringing to bed that night.  Tonight it's a small fighter jet. 
  • His blanket, pillow and a stuffed puppy from Build A Bear.

If he sees me putting his blankets into the wash he cries and cries. Being a toddler is such hard work! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecmh06:
    imageduckiegrl:

I think the better question is what doesn't your DC sleep with?  DD sleeps with her moose, horse, sheep, buffalo, bunny, curious george, duck, panda bear... and the list goes on...

DD sleeps with her blanket, Nemo, rabbit, Cabbage Patch, Pooh Bear, books, toy cars, etc.  In the last week she now has to tuck them all in too.

Eva is the same way too!  She has her hedgehog, two ducks, three bears, a penguin, a parrot, a rabbit, a fox, an elephant, Cookie Monster, six blankets, two mini blankets and whatever books she chooses that night.  Some mornings it's hard to find her in there!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • a pillow, 2 blankies, and is covered by a sheet.  much more than that seems excessive to me.  Sorry.

He tried bringing in a 3rd blankie and we said no.  A stuffed animal we said no.  He has a night stand and all items he wants to sleep with must sleep on the night stand.  This way he can see them before falling asleep and wake up to them there.  

• imagetriplea1819:

a pillow, 2 blankies, and is covered by a sheet.  much more than that seems excessive to me.  Sorry.

He tried bringing in a 3rd blankie and we said no.  A stuffed animal we said no.  He has a night stand and all items he wants to sleep with must sleep on the night stand.  This way he can see them before falling asleep and wake up to them there.  

Really?! I don't see the big deal about this.

OP - DS usually sleeps with a small pillow, 2 blankets and a few stuffed animals (his dog and kitty for sure, and he switches around which other ones he wants to sleep with often).

Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • imageBre92504:
    DS sleeps with his blankie, curious george and whatever toy he insists on bringing to bed that night.  Tonight it's a small fighter jet. 

LOL at the small fighter jet! Quentin has taken his basketball to bed with him one more than one occasion. 

• Just her "B" (Blankie).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Q is a crib hoarder.  He currrently has 2 blankets, a bunch of stuffed animals and toys, and about 4 books.  And a cup of water.  I don't think he'll be sleeping amongst a pool of junk forever.
  • It's like, what DOESN'T my child sleep with?

2 handmade blankies (one made by my late Gramma and one from a friend)

Huge fleece Hello Kitty blankie

Abby Cadabby singing doll

Belle & Ariel & Sleeping Beauty dolls (big ones, like 18 inches each)

Brobee, Toodee, Plex plush dolls (Yo Gabba - and if we had the other two characters, she'd have them in there too)

stuffed animals (teddy bear, bunny, cat)

4 Caillou dolls (action figure sized)

plastic food from her play kitchen

3-4 books, whatever ones she feels like that night

2 baby dolls (both named Alice, according to her)

All this in a toddler bed.  It's crazy. 

• PeskyPesky member
    Her blankies (4 of the same), twilight turtle and then whatever strikes her fancy from her dolls and stuffed animals.  Usually multiple things. 

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• This post has made me so happy!  I thought I was doing something wrong because I let DD sleep with three blankies, two stuffed bunnies, three stuffed birds, kitty and bunny mini-blankies (the kind that is a blanket with a head), two binkies, AND two sippy cups of water!  It started out with just one bird, one binky and one blankie and we just kept adding from there; the minute something ended up in there with her it became part of the regular program - LOL.

Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He must have his elmo pillow elmo side up... not big bird side up thats INSANE! No other pillows will do... Also his matching elmo blanket or nice warm blanket as he calls it. So, a choice of two in the blanket department ( he has about billion other he turns his little nose up at.) He needs his cow toy his lion toy and of course his puppy. I have to kiss EVERYONE goodnight every night. Then he is right to sleep. 
  • If you ask him, he would say "ni-ni and stars" - binky and a blue star blanket.  Don't flame me for the pacifier Stick out tongue he only gets it for bed and without it, he tries to suck on his fingers.  Pediatrician is ok with it!

Sometimes he asks to take Henry or Gordon (trains from his train table) or a picture he colored...but we convince him that they sleep downstairs and he is compliant.

• My child refuses anything in her crib.  Half the time she takes off her blanket it throws it out.  We've tried to giver her a pillow or lovey, but she just won't take it!
  • 3 or so blankets..  4 or so loveys.. but he has to have what he calls 'FAVORITE!'.. which is a raggedy white (with black drool-stained corners) lovey that smells like a dead body if I don't regularly wash it. So gross.. but he has to have it!
  • Blanket. It's the only thing he'll keep in the bed. He's not interested in a lovey, though I wish he were.
  • A pillow and her lovey (a small kitty). That's it. We tried a blanket a few months ago but it just made her mad because she couldn't get it to stay on. It's nice that she's not dependent on a bunch of stuff to go to sleep.
  • He has 2 blankets,  his Mickey Mouse doll, kitty cat, doggy, Barney and a little blue monkey.  Sometimes books will end up in there w/ him, especially with it still being light out when he goes to bed now.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Two little lovies which she usually throws out of the crib.  Other than that, nothing!  She's started to take a few random stuffed animals with her in there for her nap, but she doesn't want them at night. 
  • imagelovemytwoboys:
    imagetriplea1819:

a pillow, 2 blankies, and is covered by a sheet.  much more than that seems excessive to me.  Sorry.

Really?! I don't see the big deal about this.

OP - DS usually sleeps with a small pillow, 2 blankets and a few stuffed animals (his dog and kitty for sure, and he switches around which other ones he wants to sleep with often).

JMO here.  Too much in the bed creates a feeling that being in bed is a place to play.  We tried to let him take his favorite elephant in bed and he played half the night and was exhausted the next day.  So we put the night stand in his room and said all things can sleep there.  whether it be a stuffed animal, thomas, a ball, or anything else he wants in his room.  right before he gets into bed he puts his toys to night night.  and right before he closes his eye we hear him say night night to whatever is there.  and he sleeps, all night, no problems.  12-14 hours.  He is a great sleeper, and I contribute this a little bit to his bed not being a place to play.

• a few blankets, pillow, 3 pacis and a doll.

• 2-3 pillows, 4 blankets, stuffed puppy and a giant stuffed lamb
  • She absolutely REQUIRES her blankie, but isn't reliant on anything else.  Per her preference, though, she also has a toddler quilt, second blankie, mini blankie, pillow with Pooh side up (not Piglet), singing elephant, sippy of water, and one baby with her own blankie.  We will also occasionally find a puzzle piece or bracelet.  I think she hides things under her pillow throughout the day so she can sleep with them at night. 

She has consistently slept through the night since she was a couple months old and none of this came into bed with her until recently so I don't think its an issue for her.  

• Three blankets, a duck, two monkeys, a teddy bear, a pillow, a puppy, and a bunny.  He has had all of this stuff since he was 16 months old.  He's a great sleeper too, so it's not distracting for him.

• DD sleeps with three stuffed animals: "skeewol" (=squirrel), "molly" (a lion) and a bunny.  She's very particular about ordering them exactly right at the head of the crib, and often I can hear her chattering to them for 15-20 minutes after I've left the room.  She also sleeps with a blanket, but she doesn't care which one.
  • a small blanket, and his giraffe, puppy dog and ducky
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS#1 only sleeps with a pillow and a blanket.  We've always been a little nervous about what goes in there, but he doesn't seem that interested in stuffed animals.  He's a good sleeper so I don't want to mess with it.  I collect teddy bears and we have a stuffed animals store, but he's not that interested in them.  :(
  • Nothing in particular. He usually has a few books, cars and various soft toys in his bed, but as far as I can tell, none of them are unusually special to him. He just plays with whatever is there when he wakes up.
  • Her blanket, a quilt, and her baby Elmo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Madelyn sleeps with two little blankies and a stuffed flamingo. These are the things she NEEDS to sleep.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lovey, stuffed Mickey Mouse, Buzz, Woody, Goofy, puppy dog and Ernie. 3 blankets, 3 books and a car. LOL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"