Austin Babies
Options

gift for nursing grad?

My SIL is graduating next month from nursing school. I thought I was going to be able to make her graduation while I was home, but some other stuff has come up and I'll need to send her a congratulatory gift instead. 

Ideas?

Re: gift for nursing grad?

• Options

shoes!

I get the impression from Taytee they make your life so much better. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not sure if she'll have restrictions on what she wears, but maybe some funky colored/patterned scrubs? My other thought was a stethoscope, but my guess would be that she already has one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

first:  I thought you meant a grad who is nursing.  Like BFing.  I was like, what the hell does that have to do w/ graduation?

second:  creepy.  on my MoMs board someone asked the SAME EXACT QUESTION.  And one of the responses exactly what ThisGirl said.

**twilight zone music here**

I got nothin'.  Give her some cash and maybe some stuff to make it so she can sleep during the day--bubble bath crap, eye mask stuff, soothing junk.  that sort of stuff.  :)

• Options
    A good stethescope!  DH had one in school but could not afford a good one.  Or good supportive nursing shoes.  What is her speciality (ER, Med/Surg, etc)?  Will she work in a hospital or clinic type setting?
    Married and it feels so good! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagePMBridetobe:
    Will she work in a hospital or clinic type setting?

She is hoping to work at a hospital (CHOP) in pediatrics.

• Options

I bought my two best friends that are nurses one of those space pens that never run out of ink and you can write upside down. They love them because they are always writing on charts.

They have some really nice ones at the pen company called Colorado pen company there is one at the Barton Creek Mall, but you can also get them online. They are called Fisher Space pens. They have lots of different styles (some really nice ones) and you can even get the name engraved on them. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageUTjessbride:
    I bought my two best friends that are nurses one of those space pens that never run out of ink and you can write upside down. They love them because they are always writing on charts.

They have some really nice ones at the pen company called Colorado pen company there is one at the Barton Creek Mall, but you can also get them online. They are called Fisher Space pens. They have lots of different styles (some really nice ones) and you can even get the name engraved on them.

I saw the show Factory Made the other day and they were showing how they make these pens, pretty cool. Smile

~ Tiffany -- ATX PG Bio
    Loss at 15wks - Dec 2010 and 5.5wks - Sept 2011
    My little ballerina - thanks Life in Motion Photography!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My mom bought my cousin a really nice stethoscope (sp?), scrubs, and I bought her the RN charm and necklace from James Avery.
  • Options

imagebrideonjuly8:
    My mom bought my cousin a really nice stethoscope (sp?), scrubs, and I bought her the RN charm and necklace from James Avery.

we have several nurses in our family and each one of them got all of the above mentioned items when they graduated. 

Spa treatment? 

• Options
    imagemcurban:

imagePMBridetobe:
    Will she work in a hospital or clinic type setting?

She is hoping to work at a hospital (CHOP) in pediatrics.

Before buying scrubs I would ensure that she doesnt have to wear a specific color or something.  So, if you did want to do this, you could buy her a gift certificate to get scrubs.    I only say this has the system DH works for has to wear certain colors dependant on where they work in the hospital.

Married and it feels so good! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"