Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Poll: Do you think repeat sex offenders should be castrated?

I'm talking about the sex offenders who continue to abuse again, and again etc. Do you think castration should be considered as a last resort to protect the general public?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: Do you think repeat sex offenders should be castrated?

• Options
    I am all for it, but truely do not think that would stop them. They will find another means.
  • Options
    Hmm.  This should start a shiitstorm but YES.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
    For some things, I'm of the "Let the punishment befit the crime" camp, weird as that may be... so if they're serial rapists, yes.
  • Options
    Um No. thats all I'll say.
  • Options
    I honestly wish they could be put to death. I just cannot wrap my brain around someone who can do something like that.
  • Options

imagekellyperk85:
    Hmm.  This should start a shiitstorm but YES.

Totally not meaning to. I was reading an article online about repeat sex offenders and it just puts a knot in my stomach thinking about the people that live in the same world as my daughter.

• Options
    One of my girlfriends is a social worker and does group with sex offenders. Some of the crap they do and say in their workbooks is frightening. I truly believe some of those people should have never ever been given parole, ESPECIALLY when they admit that given the change, they would do it again. All I can think of is the guy in the movie "Little Children".
    imageimage
  • Options
    Yes. And unmedicated.... I don't think it'd stop them; they'd probably think of some other sick way to torment children and women.
  • Options
    imagefredalina:

Chemical castration is temporary.  And rape isn't about sex, it's about violence.  There are always other objects that can be used, unfortunately.

i personally think repeat sex offenders should never see the light of day, rather than any form of castration.

Unfortunately this is so, so true.  Most sexual assault is about power. 

imageimage
  • Options
    imagefredalina:

Chemical castration is temporary.  And rape isn't about sex, it's about violence.  There are always other objects that can be used, unfortunately.

i personally think repeat sex offenders should never see the light of day, rather than any form of castration.

This, totally.

• Options

imageLSU628:
    All I can think of is the guy in the movie "Little Children".

That movie killed me. 

• Options
    pedophiles, asolutely. corpal (sp) punishment. anyone that would harm a child in this way does not deserve any jsutice
  • Options
    imagefredalina:

I agree with this. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    They should be locked up. permanently.
  • Options
    The thing is, not all sex offenders use their penis. Some get off on watching things, making people do weird fetish things. I dont think castration would necessarily stop many people.
  • Options

I don't, since I don't think it will change much for them (other than give them something more to "take out on" their victims/blame their victims for.)

I do think we should waive the responsibility of prison guards to protect convicted sex offenders in prison, though, instead of hiding them away with preferential treatment outside of general population. Leave 'em to the dogs, turn around, and walk away. Justice will be done.

• Options

The mom in me says "yes." Anyone who hurts children deserves to be hurt.

Realistically I know that it wouldn't solve what is wrong though. I do think they should be locked up forever though. 

• Options
    sgrlsgrl member
  • Options

Castration is removal of testicles. Castrated men can still get an erection, although he may not be able to maintain it. He can take testosterone to get one though, so i don't see the point. A castrated man can still molest if he wanted to. If you want to really prevent it you need to give them a penectomy.

And this doesn't prevents female sex offenders in any way shape or form. 

• Options
    imageErin5849:

Castration is removal of testicles. Castrated men can still get an erection, although he may not be able to maintain it. He can take testosterone to get one though, so i don't see the point. A castrated man can still molest if he wanted to. If you want to really prevent it you need to give them a penectomy.

I feel like with a penectomy, they're likely to just resort to straight-out nonsexual assault/torture/murder.

• Options
    imagetrooper346:
    imageErin5849:

I feel like with a penectomy, they're likely to just resort to straight-out nonsexual assault/torture/murder.

oh no, I was definitely not saying we should give sex offenders penectomies. I was just pointing out that castration will not have the effect that the OP thought it would.

Even if sex offenders were given penectomies, they could sexually assault with their hands or other objects. And like I said, there are also female sex offenders out there as well. 

• Options
    imageErin5849:
    imagetrooper346:
    imageErin5849:

oh no, I was definitely not saying we should give sex offenders penectomies. I was just pointing out that castration will not have the effect that the OP thought it would.

Even if sex offenders were given penectomies, they could sexually assault with their hands or other objects. And like I said, there are also female sex offenders out there as well. 

I never thought it would "cure" anyone. I was reading the article suggesting it and was curious what people thought. Personally I agree with PP they sex offenders should never see the light of day again. EVER.

• Options
    Absolutley! And without pain meds either!!!
  • Options
    imagefredalina:

This.  They should die a slow death in jail.

• Options
    YES!  Maybe that would "teach" them...
  • Options

I don't understand why they're being let out of prison in the first place. They should be left there to rot.Then the public is protected.

I also don't know if being castrated would stop them. There's something wrong with their brains, not their genitals. You'd also have to cut off their hands and mouths.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Options
    imagefredalina:

This!  Lock them up for good.

A friend was violently raped in an ally and the guy got 25 years.  He served 7.  Thats unacceptable.

• Options
    I agree with everyone that said that they should be locked up indefinitely.  I saw a child molester that was interviewed on CNN last year.  He said that it is a daily struggle for him not to reoffend.  It is hard when he hears kids playing or sees kids on TV.  It almost sounded like an addiction.  But if you fall off the wagon and have a drink or some crack (unless you operate a vehicle) you are not ruining a child's life.  It may be "unfair" to lock them up indefinely, but we need to protect our children.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSuparstarz714:
    YES!  Maybe that would "teach" them...

How will that "teach" them? It won't prevent them from raping/molesting again.

I agree with Fred and others, throw them to the wolves permanently.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    No, I don't.  I think they should just be locked up.  For a long time.  Maybe forever.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"