2nd Trimester

I think I feel my placenta...??

No, I didn't feel movement during my 8th week. Yes, I know where the umbilical cord is attached. I promise I'm not stupid... but here's the thing:

I've only ever felt LO move or kick in my upper right, lower right and lower left quadrant of my abdomen. Never in my upper left. Is it because that's where my placenta is attached and its acting like a cushion when she kicks? The 20week ultrasound report only said that I don't have placenta previa. It doesn't say where my placenta actually is.

Or am I being stupid? Huh?

Expect MIRACLES!! Shocking surprise BFP 9/12/12 After 2 IUIs, 3 IVFs w/ICSI and 1 FET we have been blessed with a healthy baby girl born 26 August 2010! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I think I feel my placenta...??

• You wouldn't be able to FEEL your placenta, but you're right, you can feel where your placenta is based on where your baby is kicking/head butting.  For example, I've had an anterior placenta in both of my pregnancies (located at the front of my belly) and it took until a few weeks before she was born before I felt kicks there.  In the meantime, I could feel kicks on both sides,  down near my pubic bone/cervix, and up under my ribs once she was big enough.

Totally possible (and BTW, I was totally ready to come on here and flame you, lol).

• I would have flamed a post like that too Smile. Thanks for your restraint and your explanation.
    Expect MIRACLES!! Shocking surprise BFP 9/12/12 After 2 IUIs, 3 IVFs w/ICSI and 1 FET we have been blessed with a healthy baby girl born 26 August 2010! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"