December 2010 Moms
Options

How careful are you being?

Are you avoiding certain things (acne products, cold lunch meat, etc...)?  When I got my BFP, I stopped drinking things w/ aspartame, sucralose, all those artificial sweeteners, and I'm being very careful about what I put on my face.  I'm taking it much easier at work, taking more breaks, walking slower :)  I've always been one to err on the side of caution though. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How careful are you being?

• Options
    Extremely careful. My last pg ended in loss, I can't be too careful this time as I just can't be left with any lingering doubt that something I did caused a problem.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've cut out lunch meat and hot dogs on the grill as well as tuna and sushi (boo).  As far as beverages, I've cut out my coffee and Pepsi One (well, I'll allow myself one a week).  I've also stayed away from my salicylic acid and my face is absolutely horrible!  Ick!

Proud Momma to two beautiful children!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been good in terms of what I "should" and "should not" eat, but I'm having a hard time making time for myself to rest and nap if I need to.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    I'm being pretty careful.. I haven't had any regular coffee (only 2 decafs) and just had my first pop today.. I haven't had any lunch meat or tuna.. which I love tuna so that part was kinda hard.  obviously no alcohol.. as for face stuff, I'm using a 5% benzoyl peroxide cream my dermatologist prescribed knowing I was pregnant.  I've read conflicting stuff online but nothing is definite and it's the only thing that helps with my acne...  overall I'm trying to eat healthy and relax more than usual.
  • Options

*Generally* good?no coffee (except in ice cream form) no unpasteurized cheese, no artificial sweeteners. Today I did have a cold-cut sandwich though. at a buffet. there were no other options and it was something of a work-lunch. I guess I maybe should have just had bread and salad, but I didn't.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being "by the book"/perfect, I'd say I'm an 8.  My weakness is crystal light.  Water is so boring!  However I've only been putting in just a little bit for flavor and not nearly as much as I used to.
  • Options

After 2 losses I'm being a bit of a freak about it. But I have had 2 cups of coffee in the last 4 wks....

Married 6/30/07, TTC 9/07,Mc 12/07, Mc #2 10/8/09,Twin boys 11/30/10, seperated 8/11image
    "Our greatest glory isn't in never falling but in rising every time we fall"
    8/24/09 3rd cycle on 50mg Clomid= BFP 9/23/09 =10/8/09 m/c #2 at 6wks 2days 3/9/10 4th Cycle on 50mg Clomid = BFP 4-5-10 200mg prometrium 2xdaily 1st beta/progesterone 10dpo=43 2nd beta 13dpo=339 u/s 4/16=5wks 3days single visible sac and fetal pole h/b 4/28=Suprise it's Twins! 150 and 127 bpm Labor Buddy to Sonadora and Strunella
    cleaning2
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Craft Blog *~* Loss/Pg Blog: PM me if you'd like to read along *~*Bfp Chart imageimage
  • Options

I've been pretty good about not eating what we're not supposed to eat/drink...but not so great about eating healthy. :(  The last week or two the only things that were appealing to me were, like, hangover food, lol...though it's been better the last couple days. I haven't really eaten a proper meal in a couple weeks (protein, veggies, etc). It's mostly just been soup or grilled cheese or something.

Definitely need to get back into exercising. Now that the weather's warmed up again, DH and I will get back to walking but I need to do more. Just been too tired/nervous to do too much.

• Options
    Insanely careful, but tonight will be the 1st I have deterred from that path because I am finally going to take some allergy meds.  I have been just dealing with it for the past few weeks, but today I got a bloody nose for the 1st time in over 10 years.  I would get horrible ones when I was younger and not on my meds and so I need to be careful, I would lose a lot of blood, sometimes soaking a pillow, so I am taking either Chlor-Trimeton or Benadryl tonight to see if this helps. 
  • Options
    I'm pretty careful. I take too hot of baths, but other than that I think the most dangerous thing I do is cross the street. 
  • Options
    I've really been trying. I try to get plenty of rest, yet sadly have been to pooped to do much exercising. Of course no alcohol and have had a few decaf coffees. I've also been trying to eat well to get all proper nutrients. I did break down and have several sips of Coke earlier today.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    By. The. Book.  No way am I losing another baby.  (Alas, as the PP said, I can't prevent it.  But why tempt fate?)
  • Options

I'm being VERY careful!  I'm a vegetarian so I don't have to worry about the cold meat/hot dog stuff but I avoid caffeine and try to eat healthy!

I have a subchorionic hematoma and don't want to make it worse.  I spent the last week doing pretty much nothing and that sucker didn't shrink at all.   

• Options
    I'm a bit more relaxed than last time. I'm allowing myself sprite-like drinks with sucrolose (only, no other sweeteners - not sure why), because it helps my tummy. I eat tuna 1-2x a week, as recommended by my MW. No caffeine - not that I could stomach coffee or tea anyway. And I'm off sweets, so chocolate isn't an issue either. I've not been told to avoid lunch meats unless they're off a deli counter or sat out (so a buffet situation), so I've had ham a few times, out of a sealed container. Oh, and I'm missing peanutbutter like crazy!
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Options

imagewelshgirl:
    I'm a bit more relaxed than last time. I'm allowing myself sprite-like drinks with sucrolose (only, no other sweeteners - not sure why), because it helps my tummy. I eat tuna 1-2x a week, as recommended by my MW. No caffeine - not that I could stomach coffee or tea anyway. And I'm off sweets, so chocolate isn't an issue either. I've not been told to avoid lunch meats unless they're off a deli counter or sat out (so a buffet situation), so I've had ham a few times, out of a sealed container. Oh, and I'm missing peanutbutter like crazy!

1) I am avoiding sweeteners, too. Some doctors say that certain ones are okay, but no one really knows.

2) Are we not supposed to have peanut butter? I only use natural peanut butter - I wonder if that's okay  ::runs off to google:: 

• Options
    kat81kat81 member
    I'd say I'm being very careful--I am doing nothing "wrong"--but I could be eating more healthily (i.e. more protein, fewer carbs, more calcium, more veggies, more fruit.) But the m/s just kicked in so I don't really want to force certain foods.

• Options
    Extremely careful. My last pregnancy ended in loss so I am trying to be even more careful than last time. My only vice is chocolate every once in a while. Also, I stopped exercising last time and this time I am walking every day with my dogs. I am going to stay more active.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP Oct. 2010-MC & D&C Dec. 2010 BFP March 2011-Cooper born Dec. 6, 2011 weighing 9 lbs 1/2 oz. Suprise BFP May 27th 2012 - Sawyer born Jan. 20, 2013 weighing 8 lbs 9 oz. ?
  • Options
    Trying to be very careful...but I do probably eat too much sugar still.  I don't really use sweeteners, I've always been a real sugar gal, so I use that in decaf coffee or tea.  I've eaten some candy and cookies, etc.  But I don't think that's really harmful so much as just not as good for nutrition.  I'm trying to eat lots of whole grains and calcium this time around.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options
    On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd proably give myself an 8.  I have had a few things I wasn't supposed to according to some lists (but my doc said nothing about them)  and I still have caffiene (though well below the max recommended amount).  I've been slacking on getting fruits and veggies, simply because I've been so sick that the only thing that doesn't make me heave is toast and jelly. 
  • Options
    imageKatieM1106:

2) Are we not supposed to have peanut butter? I only use natural peanut butter - I wonder if that's okay  ::runs off to google:: 

The peanutbutter thing is just if you have a history of allergies, to try and prevent a nut allergy. I cut it out all last pg and thru bfing, and only just got back into being able to eat it, so I really, really miss it! But I'd imagine if you don't have any history, you'd be fine!

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Options

I have not been using anything with salicylic acid and I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat lunch meat, hot dogs, or any fish/seafood anyway.  I have cut way, way down on caffeine.  Coffee has lost its appeal anyway but I've had maybe one or two sodas with caffeine since my BFP and I have a cup of regular tea from time to time.  I also have stopped eating soft serve ice cream and unpasteurized cheeses

I have been using artificial sweeteners though (aspartame and splenda).  I know it's not best but most resources I've found say that they are fine in moderation.  I just prefer the taste of splenda to sugar in my tea and I don't see any reason to change this.  I don't use a ton of artificial sweeteners, but I probably use them a couple times a week.

Married to DH since 6/30/2007
    Me: 32  DH: 32
    BFP #1: 4/1/2010 DS born: 12/3/10
    TTC #2 since 5/2014
    BFP # 2 : 6/16/14 EDD: 2/25/15  Missed Miscarriage discovered 7/10/14 D&C 7/17/14 Pathology results normal
    BFP #3
    : 10/21/14 EDD: 7/6/15  11/24/14:  Saw heartbeat! 
    Missed Miscarriage discovered 12/22/14 at 12w0d D&C 12/23/14 Pathology: Partial Molar Pregnancy/Triploidy
    ~~Currently benched following PMP~~ 
    **all AL welcome**

image image
    TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge:  Animals in the snow
    Scumbag Penguin

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"