High-Risk Pregnancy

Lovenox ladies

Hi there.  I just found out that by changing insurance companies (to DH's, I'm no longer working) that my Lovenox is going from $20 a month to $200 a month.  My Dr wrote me a script for 90 days but Aetna says no...they'll only fill 30 days at a time (so they can get their $200 a month, jerks)

Just wondering if there is any sort of generic or Lovenox alternative.  I'm going to talk to my Peri in two weeks but I'm curious. 

Of course I'll pay if I have too, I'm just pissed that this med is going to cost me more than my labor and delivery! 

Re: Lovenox ladies

• There is no generic or alternative to Lovenox - there is heparin, which is similar but generally requires more shots and is can impact your bone mass a more.  It is cheaper though.
  • some people have had luck getting the price down by ordering thru the mail...i can only get a 30 day supply thru the regular pharmacy but if i use the mail option they will send me 90 days.
  • Loading the player...
  • yeah it was the mail option that was refusing to do the usual 90 days....I thought that was the whole point of mail order. Oh well.  Got to love our healthcare system.
  • MrsMSGMrsMSG member

I paid $457 for a 14-day supply.

Yeah.

Can you imagine how much we celebrated when I took my LAST SHOT last night!!!!! =)

Baby Girl gets here Monday, and I think I was excited about it being my last injection.  Hang in there; it is worth it.

m/c feb 07 ~ m/c twins oct 08 ~ Duncan Thomas: born to heaven 5/19/09 - m/c jan 11

My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"