Stay at Home Moms
Options

went to visit friend who is about to have her first baby....

and I came home all depressed because her house was PERFECT. She hasn't yet been exposed to toys all over the place, scuffs on the walls that you learn to ignore, blankets and pillows thrown everywhere, etc.
I did not want to come home.....then I realized that at one point I too used to dust all my furnature once a week and leave my beautiful dining room table bare....now there is dust on everything and my dining room table has had a tablecloth (though a nice one) on it for about 6 months now after my son decided that the nice wood on the dining room table was a fun place to race cars.

Ahh.....makes me wish I had my house back to myself.....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: went to visit friend who is about to have her first baby....

• Options

I understand. This week has been rough too and my house is a mess. Sometimes I feel like our family room looks like Toys R Us. Our dining room table is covered in scratches as well. It makes me sad sometimes but I guess it can be covered up and eventually replaced, right?

Your friends house will look like ours soon enough and those precious babies are worth it!! :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Left Hug

The grass is always greener on the other side. One day when your kids have all moved out, you'll wish you had a Lego to step on.  Crying

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kflie83Kflie83 member
    Scuffs on the walls??? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't gotten to that part yet Crying
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejnksmom:

I understand. This week has been rough too and my house is a mess. Sometimes I feel like our family room looks like Toys R Us. Our dining room table is covered in scratches as well. It makes me sad sometimes but I guess it can be covered up and eventually replaced, right?

Your friends house will look like ours soon enough and those precious babies are worth it!! :)

This!! LOL. I remember when DH bought me our dining room table and I was SOOOOO anal about keeping it clean and scratch-free, lol. Our beautiful teak hardwood flooring is super scratched too - adds character :)

:::ponders actually cleaning the dirty hand prints off the stairwell walls at some point::

• Options
    imageMrsPreK:
    imagejnksmom:

This!! LOL. I remember when DH bought me our dining room table and I was SOOOOO anal about keeping it clean and scratch-free, lol. Our beautiful teak hardwood flooring is super scratched too - adds character :)

:::ponders actually cleaning the dirty hand prints off the stairwell walls at some point::

DH and I compromised on carpet and hardwood, we have really nice hardwood floors throughout the house but he REALLY REALLY wanted w2w carpet in the living room and hallway. so I gave in. But I got hardwood in the bedrooms. Kind of glad we did that, though I love hardwood, esp in the summer, it does help with the little guy running around......but I can't wait until the day we rip it up.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    best quote i saw last weekend at a home of a grandma who has 10 of her own children and at least that many grandchildren--"Cleaning while children are still growing is like trying to shovel snow while it is still snowing"   I have a new motto in life!!! :)
  • Options

Awwww... I totally know that feeling but I do have to add that I am becoming that mom with the perfect house because my only child is in school for several hours in the day, several times a week, and it feels so good to finally feel like I have control again!  :)

Something to look forward to, ladies!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"