Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Anyone see recall on Infants and Children's Tylenol and other meds?

Just wondering if anyone heard about this...DS has been having a terrible time with teething, and of course I've been giving him Tylenol and Motrin...

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=10525408

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Anyone see recall on Infants and Children's Tylenol and other meds?

• Options
    Yep, I just saw it and checked my DS' bottles since he's been teething like crazy and getting Motrin almost every night.  Both his Motrin and Tylenol are on the recall list.  The bottle of Tylenol is almost finished.  Just great. 
  • Options
    We are teething central right now! We have CVS brand acetaminophen, wonder if that was recalled too or just name brand?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So what do we do with these bottles???   Can we take them to the stores?
  • Options
    I was just wondering the same thing, if it was generic too or just the brand name stuff. We use the WalMart brand.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Argh! B's Mortin and Tylenol is on the recall list. Are they just pulling everything??
  • Options

Hi, I'm sort of a lurker on this board :)

I was looking for Infant Motrin at Target today and was surprised that there was nothing on the shelf! no Tylenol products either!  I ended up with the Target brand infant ibuprofen and didn't realize the recall until I was looking on this message board.  Well I guess that solves the mystery!  but I hope the store brand is OK...

• Options
    Why does it seem like such little care is put into childre's items?  It's is shocking.
  • Options
    ugh serious?!DS's tylenol,motrin & benadryll were all recalled!at least the Zyrtec I have wasn't..  thanks for the info 
  • Options

I hadn't seen that, so thanks for posting!

Our Infant Tylenol was on the list. I haven't checked the Motrin yet, but I'm sure it is too. :: sigh :: 

These recalls infuriate me! Angry

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Options
    ss+elss+el member

Your store brands should be ok. It is very rare that a store brand is made by the same manufacturer as a name brand. In fact, it's probably written in fine print on the back that it is not. Also, most generics are made by the same company, regardless of which store they are packaged for.

ETA: Not a good year for Tylenol! They still haven't caught up from recalling all of those adult formulas. 

Also, look on their website soon to see if they offer a coupon for a free product, they usually come out with one when something like this happens. 

• Options
    Thanks for the info. Our Zyrtec, Benadryl, and Tylenol are all on the list.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep. :( We have 1-2 bottles each of those four recalled meds, too! :(
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

Sorry I DD, but I found the number. DS's bottle of Motrin that is almost finished is on the list. 

Ugh, so frustrating! It seems like children's products and being recalled left and right these days.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

thanks for posting I hadn't seen this.

and ds bottle of tylenol which is almost gone is on the list! hate these recalls

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

If it hasn't expired, it's recalled, so you don't even need to check the bottles.  I just checked the 5 we have (yes, I have them everywhere around the house it seems) and all of them are on there. After further reading, it seems ALL bottles are recalled unless they have already expired.

AND, we have been on a T/M rotation because of Croup.  I hate these companies so much. Jerks.

• Options
    Damn!  Oh well, I guess this is reason enough to stick with the generic for now.  I guess I will go pick some up today.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    image*blondiem*:

If it hasn't expired, it's recalled, so you don't even need to check the bottles.  I just checked the 5 we have (yes, I have them everywhere around the house it seems) and all of them are on there. After further reading, it seems ALL bottles are recalled unless they have already expired.

AND, we have been on a T/M rotation because of Croup.  I hate these companies so much. Jerks.

even if it's not on the list you still have to pitch it? We have a bottle and it's not on the list and expires in about 2 months so we should still pitch it? Guess I'd rather be safe than sorry :( Guess I'll br going to the store to pick up some of the generic today :(

• Options
    imageClotho!:
    image*blondiem*:

even if it's not on the list you still have to pitch it? We have a bottle and it's not on the list and expires in about 2 months so we should still pitch it? Guess I'd rather be safe than sorry :( Guess I'll br going to the store to pick up some of the generic today :(

Interesting.

The way I read it, was that they are recalling all bottles that haven't expired. Maybe because yours is so close, it's not on the list??

Who knows.  I am having a hard time trusting them at all right now. 

• Options

Clotho, this is where I took that from:

Fort Washington, PA (April 30, 2010) ? McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., in consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is voluntarily recalling all lots that have not yet expired of certain over-the-counter (OTC) Children?s and Infants? liquid products manufactured in the United States and distributed in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic, Dubai (UAE), Fiji, Guam, Guatemala, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, and Kuwait. (SEE RECALLED PRODUCT LIST BELOW). 

https://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/new_recall.inc

• Options
    image*blondiem*:

Clotho, this is where I took that from:

Fort Washington, PA (April 30, 2010) ? McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., in consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is voluntarily recalling all lots that have not yet expired of certain over-the-counter (OTC) Children?s and Infants? liquid products manufactured in the United States and distributed in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic, Dubai (UAE), Fiji, Guam, Guatemala, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, and Kuwait. (SEE RECALLED PRODUCT LIST BELOW). 

https://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/new_recall.inc

thanks for the link sigh this is the second time we've had to pitch all our Tylenol :(  Guess I'll be pitching it even though it's not on the list just to be safe.

• Options
    So do we return them anywhere or just pitch them?  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"