Trouble TTC
Options

SA - Check!

Got the SA results back - all normal.  YAY!

Now on to the HSG... eek! especially since DH checked out fine... makes me feel like they might find something during that test...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: SA - Check!

• Options

Congrats on the SA results. That's good news. Did you have an HSG previously before going on Clomid?

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Options
    MisNMisN member

That's good news on the SA.  When's your HSG? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

no... Embarrassed  those were with an OB

that all began pre-bump era.  I did feel like she monitored me well for clomid, but i don't feel like i was properly tested to rule out other problems.  I was having 50-60 day annovulatory cycles and was more concerned with that then all the factors that could have been an issue.

Edited for clarity

• Options
    imageMisN:

Tuesday Indifferent i'm a tad nervous, even though it can't be too much worse then an IUI

• Options
    Great news.  The HSG isn't too bad - I just had mine on Tuesday.  GL!
  • Options
    imagesteffwd124:

no... Embarrassed

that all began pre-bump era.  I did feel like she monitored me well for clomid, but i don't feel like i was properly tested to rule out other problems.  I was having 50-60 annovulatory cycles and was more concerned with that then all the factors that could have been an issue.

That's not your fault. I'm just surprised to hear that a doctor would put you on Clomid prior to having you get an HSG. If your tubes are blocked (obviously I'm not saying that they are), the eggs that you produced wouldn't have any way to make it down to your uterus to meet the sperm. I hope your HSG results come back all clear. Good luck to you!

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

imageimage

• Options
    MisNMisN member
    Good luck.  Just out of curiousity, how bad was an IUI - is cramping associated with that too?
  • Options
    imagesteffwd124:
    imageMisN:

Tuesday Indifferent i'm a tad nervous, even though it can't be too much worse then an IUI

My HSG was very uncomfortable, but nothing I couldn't handle. I have a blocked tube, so that was probably why I experienced some amount of pain. I'm sure you'll be fine! It will be nice to have another test done so you will be on your way to getting some more answers.

imageimage

• Options

imageMisN:
    Good luck.  Just out of curiousity, how bad was an IUI - is cramping associated with that too?

For me it was like really bad period cramps during, especially when they placed the catheter, but instant relief when they were done. Very mild cramping for the next few days following.  Not too bad, i could do it again and not be worried about it. :) HTH

• Options
    If you ask your doc beforehand, he can write you a prescription for a few valium.  That's what I did and it wasn't so bad ;-)  
  • Options

imageEmilyRosen:
    If you ask your doc beforehand, he can write you a prescription for a few valium.  That's what I did and it wasn't so bad ;-)  

haha! if i wasn't trying to go back to work afterwards, i might just do that. unfortunantly, knowing the way i react to those kind of meds, i'm not so sure that's a great idea!  Thanks for the advice tho :D

• Options
    imagesteffwd124:

imageEmilyRosen:

haha! if i wasn't trying to go back to work afterwards, i might just do that. unfortunantly, knowing the way i react to those kind of meds, i'm not so sure that's a great idea!  Thanks for the advice tho :D

In that case, I would take 2 tylenol about an hour before the test.  Again - good luck and I hope everything turns out fine! 

• Options
    Yay!  That's great news that your SA is normal!  Good luck at your HSG and hoping everything looks good for you!
  • Options
    That's excellent news!  :o)  Hope things go just as well for your HSG!
  • Options

Yay!  Great news :)

MisN - I never even feel my IUIs.  No cramping or anything.  The only thing I feel is the speculum going in and that doesn't hurt or anything, I can just feel it - actual IUI?  Nothing.

• Options
    MisNMisN member
    imagegymnst1013:

Yay!  Great news :)

MisN - I never even feel my IUIs.  No cramping or anything.  The only thing I feel is the speculum going in and that doesn't hurt or anything, I can just feel it - actual IUI?  Nothing.

Thanks Gym.  That's reassuring.  I've been terrified since my HSG which was extremely painful as one tube was not cooperating.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"