My pump started making a weird noise. — The Bump
Breastfeeding

My pump started making a weird noise.

YIPES!!  I'm afraid of how it will sound when I pump before bed.  I think I'll be heading to BRU tomorrow to get a manual pump.

I've been using the pump for just 3 months now.  Would the motor wear out that quickly?

Re: My pump started making a weird noise.

• Mine was making a weird noise when I was pumping at work a few weeks ago and I thought it was gonna die. I used it for a year with my daughter and have now used it for 4+ months with my son. Turns out that the power cord was loose. It's possible that you've got a defective unit that wore out already, but before spending an $$ on a new one, I'd make sure to check all your connections and replace your membranes/tubing. A rip in your membrane or crack in your tubing will make it sound funny as well as not suction as well.
    Mommy to Evelyn Clare born 6/23/07, Ryan Hansen born 12/10/09, and Charlotte Nicole born 11/1/12
  • image LissaLee:
    It's possible that you've got a defective unit that wore out already, but before spending an $$ on a new one, I'd make sure to check all your connections and replace your membranes/tubing. A rip in your membrane or crack in your tubing will make it sound funny as well as not suction as well.

Absolutely this. What kind of pump do you have? Replacing the valves around 3 mo. sounds like the most likely cause. Are there suction issues as well as noise issues?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards