2nd Trimester
Options

visiting from 1st trimester...

i am in a miserable state of all day long sickness and wondered a couple things......

1. is it true that morning sickness is worse for you ladies who are having girls? 

2. how long did it take to get over the morning sickness?

3. any tips on surviving this hell? :)

TIA! 

Re: visiting from 1st trimester...

• Options

1.  I am having a boy and had horrible morning sickness.

2.  19 weeks

3. Nope, it just sucks :)

• Options

I only had a little morning sickness maybe 1 week with DD and it was not bad at all.

With #1 a week/ With #2 about 3 months :(

Drink lots of water and try the sucking on candy/mints this helped me with DC # 2

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Now that I think of it Werther's Originals helped me with the vomiting!  As bad as my first trimester was, I am having an AMAZING 2cnd tri, just hold on to that thought!
  • Options
    I had a girl first time around and a boy and girl this time and I'm one of the lucky ones.  I never had morning sickness.  No truth to that OWT.  Hope you feel better soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AIDANAIDAN member

This is my 2nd pregnancy.  My first one is a girl and the second one is a boy.

1.  I had horrible morning (more like all-day) sickness when I carried my daughter.  With this boy, it was mild sickness but with a much heavier appetite...just kept on eating and eating.

2.  For both pregnancies, it ended around 14-15 weeks.  It was smooth sailing after that.

3.  Sorry no tips...just hang in there.  It will be over soon.

• Options
    Hi.  This is my first.  I was surprised that my all day sickness only lasted about 6 weeks.  I think I was lucky.  Every now and then I still gag on my toothbrush in the morning, but all in all I can't complain about second trimester.  I think every pregnancy is different just based on the pps.  Hope it will be over soon for you.  GL.
  • Options

1. I am having a girl and didn't have a great 1st tri

2. 16 weeks I started feeling normal again

3. once it is over you almost forget about it! my dr. put me on zofran and I took it when my m/s was really bad.  tried to snack all the time.  mints helped for a while, so did jolly ranchers 

DD #1 August 2010 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

No "morning" sickness with my DD, I did have sickness this time around and supposedly we're having a boy.  Other people that I know that have had really bad morning sickness have had girls and boys, I think it's just how your body reacts to that particular pregnancy.

Morning sickness ended for me once the first trimester was over.  The key to feeling OK for me was never having an empty stomach, but when it was at it's worst, I feel like staying completely still helped the most.  It was when I'd get up to do something that the wave of nausea would hit me.

• Options
    kg_08kg_08 member

1. I'm having a girl and didn't have one bit of morning sickness.

2. N/A

3. Maybe try some ginger? I used to suck on some crystalized ginger when I got carsick as a kid and it helped. (It's in the spice aisle I think)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have no idea what I'm having, but I was one of those all-day-all-night-sickness people, and the only thing that sometimes helped was some sour candies and fruity candies. when i could eat, it was some bland dry cereal, gingerale and gatorade. My sickies started around 7wks and it vanished around 15 weeks.  Hang in there!

• Options

1. is it true that morning sickness is worse for you ladies who are having girls? I think that's an OWT.  I did have bad sickness - although it was mostly afternoon and evening.

2. how long did it take to get over the morning sickness? 12/13 weeks for me.

3. any tips on surviving this hell?  Keep a little something in your stomach all the time.  I always had a little baggie of peanuts and raisins in my coat pocket, just in case.  Mints (Altoids), dum dum suckers, and tropical Lifesavers also helped.  Don't force yourself to eat if it doesn't sound good - you'll just wind up puking it up if you do. Drink plenty of water.  Try to focus on what you're doing this for (your baby!), and keep in mind that it's temporary.  I was SO miserable, and I barely remember it now. 

Hang in there!

http://www.SoooBig.WordPress.com Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. is it true that morning sickness is worse for you ladies who are having girls? I heard it didn't matter.

2. how long did it take to get over the morning sickness? I had it until 17 weeks i think

3. any tips on surviving this hell? :) peppermint helped me some.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. no idea, I think it's luck of the draw

2. I wasn't a slave to the porcelain god about 14 or 15 weeks in

3. Keep Saltenine crackers nearby and drink plenty of water.

• Options

i was mostly just nauseous and exhausted but to help the nausea i had to force myself to eat BIG meals. i had absolutely no appetite and everyone told me to eat throughout the day but that didn't help at all. the only time i felt ok was after i ate a big breakfast and lunch. it saved me a few hours of nausea until i needed to eat a big meal again.

i wouldn't consider myself as having horrible m/s since there are so many other girls who go through worse. of course it sucked for me though. we are team green so i don't know about the gender affiliation. i do know that my sister had a girl and didn't have any m/s at all. my MIL had 5 boys and was terribly sick with every single one of them. 

oh and i surprisingly woke up at week 12 and felt great.

Jess and James 10.18.08
    Zoey Emma 08.18.10
  • Options

With my first, I had horrible morning sickness from week 8 to week 14.  Throwing up 3 times a day, MINIMUM.

This pregnancy, I haven't gotten sick at all and I'm having a boy!

My only tips are to milk this pregnancy for ALL it's worth, especially now.  Don't push yourself too hard and if someone wants to help you out, let them.  It's exhausting.

I found that eating protein and complex carbs in small amounts helped with morning sickness.  None of that ginger ale, ginger snaps BS ever worked for me.  When all else fails, opt for a protein smoothie.  Also, sipping hot soda works for some reason.  My DF is bad about leaving drinks in the car and I wasn't feeling too well, got in the car the next day, decided to drink it anyway, and voila!  No more nausea. 

I would try to eat my normal meals at first and I barfed everywhere, but I learned to eat like 6-8 times a day, but really small amounts.  And definitely take your time eating.  I was big on strawberries, kiwis, and pineapples and would eat them in bed, watch a movie, and pass out.  But now I have a baby so she never lets me sleep! Stick out tongue

• Options

1. is it true that morning sickness is worse for you ladies who are having girls? Well, my m/s has been hell, and I am having a girl.

2. how long did it take to get over the morning sickness? Morning sickness is still here at almost 26 weeks. The all day, all night, every time I move I throw up sickness went from 9 weeks to about 23ish weeks.

3. any tips on surviving this hell? :)Honestly, just remember that it will eventually go away. Even if it is after you give birth. While you are in the heat of it, it will seem like the world stopped turning and it will NEVER pass. It will. Also, Zofran and Cherry Pepsi (ice cold) really helped...as in I would only throw up 4-5 times a day versus 10-15 times a day. Also, if you need to throw up and cannot get it out, take a car ride. I was on Reglan for nausea and it stopped the vomiting, but made me feel 100 times sicker. My DH took me out one night at 2am, just so I could get sick and then fall asleep.

Hang in there hun, it will eventually pass.

Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • Options
    oh and I forgot to add...if I ate a few bites of (strawberry) ice cream before I ate other food, I was able to keep the food down longer...no clue why.
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • Options
    I had horrible morning sickness (lost 15lbs because of it) and I am having a boy. It lasted till about 17wks. Every once in a while it will come back for a day or so. I would ask your Dr they gave me two prescriptions for my m/s but I couldn't take it really because it made me so drowsy and I had class all day. Hang in there it does get better!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I think MS can happen with either gender.  This time around I decided to stop suffering and got some zofran.  I try to only take it when I am at work and need to function.  GL
  • Options
    karenczkarencz member
    Nope, I'm having a girl and I never had real MS, just got sick a couple of times (like 4 times ever)

Baby #3 is on the way! EDD  3/8/15
    DD1--8/29/10
    DD2--11/6/12

• Options

1. I don't know if it is worse if you are having a girl, I felt like my was bad, but I don't know what I am having.

2. Mine finished up around week 11, and hasn't been back since!

3. I chewed alot of gum, and I was given some meds from my doctor, but they didn't work for me at all.

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers VOTE on my Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"