Pregnant after a Loss

change in dr. for u/s

Our viability u/s is scheduled for May 13th.  When I had originally scheduled it over a week ago, I had set it up so that my dr. would be the dr. they assigned to read the u/s.  Well I got the call today that my dr. now has to be out of town that day for a meeting.  I tried to reschedule because I really wanted her to be there but it was pretty much impossible.

So, it wouldn't be that big of deal except that the dr. they scheduled to read it now is the same one that was there at L&D the night we went in due to lack of movement and she confirmed that Lilah no longer had a heartbeat.

I know it's irrational to think that the doctor who reads our u/s will have any effect on the outcome, but it just freaks me out.  On the other hand, I guess it's good that she also knows what we went through.

So WWYD....try to reschedule with any doctor but this one??? put big girl panties on and keep appointment???

Lilah Eve---our angel in heaven: Born sleeping 12/2/09 @ 28w3d. We love you and miss you everyday, little angel.
Isabella Faith---Born 12/17/10 via c-section.
Abigail Marie---Born 11/16/12 via c-section
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: change in dr. for u/s

• ::hugs::

My doc is the same doc who did my D&C...

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• I completely and totally understand.  One of the doctors in the practice has the worst bedside manner.  He diagnosed my first two m/c and I refuse to see him at all.  If that means I have to wait, I do. :(
    *~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSonadora:

::hugs::

((((HUGS)))) back at ya....when is your u/s?

Lilah Eve---our angel in heaven: Born sleeping 12/2/09 @ 28w3d. We love you and miss you everyday, little angel.
  • imageEmKo0210:
    imageSonadora:

May 11. They'll use the same horrible crappy machine from 1970 as last time. I just hope to God we can see a heartbeat this time. I can't take the 3 weeks of waiting for a h/b then waiting for it to stop like last time. 

They only send you to the real place once they've confirmed viability or if they can't find the h/b....

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• imageSonadora:
    imageEmKo0210:
    imageSonadora:

May 11. They'll use the same horrible crappy machine from 1970 as last time. I just hope to God we can see a heartbeat this time. I can't take the 3 weeks of waiting for a h/b then waiting for it to stop like last time. 

They only send you to the real place once they've confirmed viability or if they can't find the h/b....

sending T&Ps and positive vibes your way for a strong h/b!

• imageEmKo0210:
    imageSonadora:
    imageEmKo0210:
    imageSonadora:

sending T&Ps and positive vibes your way for a strong h/b!

You too!!

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

• I say if it makes you more relaxed and comfortable to see your doctor rather than the other one, I would wait to see your regular doctor. Peace of mind and comfort are worth waiting for, IMO. 
    DD1 01/09/11 DD2 10/31/12 #3 EDD 10/22/14--Stick baby stick! Always in my heart, 4 sweet angels 2/10, 10/11, 12/11 & 10/13
  • I just lurk because I am not ready to join the board. But, I say do whatever you feel best with. If you do decide to go with the same doctor who was there for l&d, maybe it will be like closure and Lila telling you everything is going to be ok and she is watching over her little brother or sister. Hugs and I have my first appointment too on the 13th. Praying for the best for you.
    Baby boy, you are forever loved and missed. 19 weeks 2 days 10/14/09 Partial Molar Pregnancy Lucas Glenn 12/18/10
  • Sorry, I meant Lilah.
    Baby boy, you are forever loved and missed. 19 weeks 2 days 10/14/09 Partial Molar Pregnancy Lucas Glenn 12/18/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"