3rd Trimester

Baby hospital bag

I know this has been asked many times, but... What are the essentials I should pack on my babys hospital bag??
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby hospital bag

• For my baby I packed a hat that my dad had made, a little personalized onesie, a coming home dress, cute socks, and little shoes.  I also put the blanket I came home in to bring her home in.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Going home clothes and blankets.  That is it.
  • Loading the player...
  • All I'm bringing for my LO is his coming home outfit, a sleeper in case its too cold out for the outfit I have planned, a receiving blanket, and a warmer blanket.  The hospital will have everything else.
    Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
  • With a girl, I was dying to play dress up with her so I brought clothes for her to wear everyday, a blanket, socks, bows. It was also nice to have the extra room to bring home the diapers, formula and extra stuff the hospital let us have.

• the coming home outfit ( an extra one incase she spits up on the original), onsie to put under it, a recieving blanket, and then stuff for me in the travel size like.. hair brush, tooth brush, tooth paste,a hair thing, body wash, shampoo/cond., deorderant, and a comfy come home outfit for me too!!

• Check with your hospital, as they may already have some of the items you think you need. 

Our hospital has a welcome basket of stuff for baby. All we need to bring is a coming home outfit, and an installed car seat.  

• diaper, wipes, clothes, blanket
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
  • ask your Dr what the hospital does provide.  Mine didn't provide some of the crap that ladies here say theirs do.
  • jenickjenick member

I've heard bringing your own wipes...some hospitals only use rough cloth.  You can check though.  

image ~1500mg Metformin~M/C: 7 weeks~9/3/2008~D&C 9/16/2008
    Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All I brought for the baby:

coming home outfit (comfy sleeper, socks, and a hat)

Baby book to add footprints to.

Thats it. The hospital provided everything else. There is a reason hospitals use cloth wipes: its recommended that cloth be used for the first few weeks. The chemical wipes aren't good for their brand new skin.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"