Babies: 0 - 3 Months

MIL visits?!?!

What do you think is a good amount of time for the MIL to visit or for us to visit her? It seems she is asking daily to see LO and its driving me nuts!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MIL visits?!?!

• My MIL lives just down the road.  She stops by most every night while passing by on her nightly walk.  It's usually only for about 10 mins tops.  I don't mind.  If it was more time than that, I'd probably not be so okay.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MIL lives 5 minutes away and visits last 2-3 hours or longer and she holds LO the whole time. I get annoyed cause I wanna hold my baby too. She is mine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My MIL is about a mile away.  She invites herself over 2-3 times a week.  I get frusterated because she stays for hours at a time.  My parents have been coming by frequently too but they never stay longer than 30 minutes.

• We live about 5 min away from MIL but I try to limit visits to a couple of times a week. They always last about 3 hours and when DD just came home they were here daily and I was ready to blow my brains out!
  • imageSoCaliAli:

My MIL is about a mile away.  She invites herself over 2-3 times a week.  I get frusterated because she stays for hours at a time.  My parents have been coming by frequently too but they never stay longer than 30 minutes.

Yes MIL is the same way. I mean we live with my parents right now saving money and yet they don't hold her or hog anywhere close to what MIL does. Its making me so fricken angry.

• OMG!  I'd lose it if MIL came over for hours at a time.  I guess I should count myself lucky!
  • imageCheriLooWho:
    OMG!  I'd lose it if MIL came over for hours at a time.  I guess I should count myself lucky!

OMG your lucky. I'm jealous. Its nice if I ever need a babysitter but otherwise it drives me nuts. I'm going crazy now thinking of it.

• I know its a pain, but use it to your advantage.  My mother (my MIL is deceased) is in love with her grandson (the first in the family) she lives in a different state and has been at our house for five of the nine weeks he's been on this earth (AND we were at her house for one week!). Every now and then I get really irritated with my mom since our parenting styles are different and things have changed a lot since her last baby (which was 37 years ago).  But then I realized that she was another person on this planet that loves him as much as my husband and I.  She talks to him constently and I believe she is a big part of the reason he is so "verbal" so early.  Now when she gives me advice that I do not agree with, I just say "ok, thats something to consider thanks" and then I do what I want anyway. As for your MIL I would give her a "job" so she feels like she is needed and a part of your LO life.   Ask her to watch your LO for an hour three times a week (You choose the days) and use that time to take a long hot bath, work out, catch up on housework, go out to lunch with the girls, run quick errands  etc.  Believe me I KNOW how hard it can be to share your child ( I am a first time mom at 37). But she and your parents can help ensure that your child is surrounded by people that adore her 24-7 and unfortunately not every child is so lucky.  

Good luck! 

• imageracite@aol.com:

I know its a pain, but use it to your advantage.  My mother (my MIL is deceased) is in love with her grandson (the first in the family) she lives in a different state and has been at our house for five of the nine weeks he's been on this earth (AND we were at her house for one week!). Every now and then I get really irritated with my mom since our parenting styles are different and things have changed a lot since her last baby (which was 37 years ago).  But then I realized that she was another person on this planet that loves him as much as my husband and I.  She talks to him constently and I believe she is a big part of the reason he is so "verbal" so early.  Now when she gives me advice that I do not agree with, I just say "ok, thats something to consider thanks" and then I do what I want anyway. As for your MIL I would give her a "job" so she feels like she is needed and a part of your LO life.   Ask her to watch your LO for an hour three times a week (You choose the days) and use that time to take a long hot bath, work out, catch up on housework, go out to lunch with the girls, run quick errands  etc.  Believe me I KNOW how hard it can be to share your child ( I am a first time mom at 37). But she and your parents can help ensure that your child is surrounded by people that adore her 24-7 and unfortunately not every child is so lucky.  

Good luck! 

Definitely a good idea about having her watch LO for a hour a couple days a week. She always offers to watch her whenever and she comes up with ideas for any reason I might need her to babysit. So I might do that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"