Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Sesame LIVE show = FAIL (sort of)

So I was so excited to take DS to his first live show yesterday---and to my surprise the only tickets available were the "best"---6 rows back from the stage.  Fantastic (I thought)....wrong!

DS was excited to sit in his own seat until the show started and Bert comes out on the stage---OMG----the look on DS's face was horrible.  He was SOOOO scared....no, not even scared....TERRIFIED.  His eyes watered and she literally was physically shaking and couldn't stop. 

I ended up taking him to the back of the theatre (which there were tons of seats available back there, not sure why they didn't come up for me to buy)--but anyways---later on he calmed down so I had him walk himself (with me holding his hand) back up to our "real" seats....and he was a little better. 

Snacks certainly helped and so did the light-up toy I bought him.  And letting him see the other kids around him and the fact that they were just fine--that helped him smile too and then he was fine....but oh man, that was the worst thing I'd ever seen him go through---being so terrified.

The show itself though--very cute but VERY VERY loud.  Next time I will get tickets a little farther away--that would have been perfect.

Re: Sesame LIVE show = FAIL (sort of)

• ss+elss+el member

We just won tickets to that show. I haven't had a chance to go pick them up yet, so I don't know how close they are. DS doesn't really know Sesame Street, though he does have a couple of books. I can't imagine he'll make the association. I guess we'll see.

We're taking his 22mo cousin, who is a huge Elmo fan, so at least one person in our group will definitely enjoy the show. :)

• imagess+el:

We just won tickets to that show. I haven't had a chance to go pick them up yet, so I don't know how close they are. DS doesn't really know Sesame Street, though he does have a couple of books. I can't imagine he'll make the association. I guess we'll see.

We're taking his 22mo cousin, who is a huge Elmo fan, so at least one person in our group will definitely enjoy the show. :)

The show itself is really cute.  YOU will probably like it more than them!  LOL

• Loading the player...
  • OMG...we went today and the same thing happened.  We sat in row FF....dead center.  DS was totally freaked out by how loud it was.  I remembered that you were going to this show, and have been keeping an eye out for you to post about it.  I was horrified by how loud it was.  It was so loud that I couldn't hear DS crying in DH's lap and I was sitting next to him!  We left about 25 minutes in.  It was very close to nap time as well, but DS was fine the minute we left the theatre.  DH was disappointed because he actually wanted to watch the show!  Sad

• Thanks for the experience post, cause I was going to purchase tickets when they come here. DD loves Sesame Street, but she does get weirded out when dressed up characters get too close to her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wow, that sucks that you had that experience.  i'm glad he came around eventually and enjoyed it.  we went back in february, but were way in the back of the theater, probably 25 rows from the stage.  now that i think about it, the show would have been pretty loud and outrageous hd we been really close to the stage. 

for us, our theater was PACKED, and it took about 30 minutes of lines and metal detector security checks amongst lots of preschool field trippers to even get in the door.  by then, mommy and daddy were more overwhelmed than DS.  and i don't know about you, but i thought it was hilarious how they built up the "elmo unveiling".  DS was ecstatic once elmo ("mo") arrived on the scene.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"