Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby's weight and birth tearing

Just wondering if you ladies could indulge me and share the weight of your baby and your degree of tearing.

My first was 7lbs 7 oz and I had one tiny tear.  Wondering if this bigger one will be worse.  My dr said as longas I don't push when the shoulders are coming out it should be okay-it is when they go flying out that things tear... but still wondering if this bigger baby will do more damage.  Thanks! 

Re: Baby's weight and birth tearing

• He was 8 lb. 4 oz. and I had a 2nd degree tear.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• My baby was 7 lbs 10 oz and I had a 3rd degree tear.  I only teared that badly cause her little arm/hand came out with her head.  Silly baby. lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • kmplskmpls member
    My guy was 6 pounds 2 oz and I had a 2nd degree tear.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My little (?!?) guy was 9lbs 3 oz and I had 4th degree tearing.  They also had to use forceps though.
    image Laura & Jason Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 7lb 8oz with an episiotomy. Pushed for 3hrs, but he came out right after she cut me.
  • 6 lbs. 13 oz. and a second degree episiotomy. Little guy has a huge head.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 9lb 12oz but i had a csection.
  • DS was 8 pounds 11 ounces and I had a second degree tear.
  • 7lb 14oz, 3 stitches.  I have fast deliveries and I've been told that's what leads to tearing
  • 7lbs 14oz and 2nd degree tear
  • Big JBig J member
    DD was 5lb 15oz.  I tore but my doctor didn't tell me how badly and said "no need to count" when I asked how many stitches. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 8lbs 2ozs, 3rd degree tear. SO said I was doing good and didn't tear until the last push... I panicked because I felt LO coming out... I thought... he was actually turning to get his shoulders out and I pushed him out and tore then.. I might not have torn if I had been a bit more patient.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Asher was only 6lbs 10 oz and I ended up with an episiotomy.  Good Luck. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • DS was 8 pounds 4 ounces: 4th degree tear down and up and laterally (just for super fun).  He was a sunny side up-vacuum delivery.  He was also looking over his shoulder.  That was a super fun recovery.

DD was 6 pounds 4 ounces: 1 tiny tear after (honestly) 2 pushes. 

LO 7 pounds 13 ounces just the giant tear across my abdomen where they cut her breech butt out. 

• DD was 8lb 3oz.  I had a minor 1st degree tear (mostly internal).  I think I ended up with 5 or 6 stitches.  A lot of it could be contributed to the fact that it only took 30 min to push her out.
  • Not totally related by DD was 8 lbs 15 oz.. she didn't even fit through my pelvis :( I had a c-section but the doctor said if I had her I would have torn all the way through, so I guess it's better that she came out my belly... even though I really wanted a natural birth.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 9 lbs. 12 oz.  Second degree tears.  Birth was *extremely* fast.  He also had a barrel chest so I actually had to push his chest out.

(My DD was a c-section).

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • 7 lbs 9 oz- 2nd degree tear
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My little guy was 4 pounds 6 ounces and I did not tare at all.
    Our Little Bundle of Joy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker On our way to 2U2 Pregnancy Ticker
  • 8 lbs, 1 oz and I had a 4th degree tear...good times.
  • 8 lbs 12 oz

Tiny internal tear...no stitches needed. She was born in the water. I wonder if that helped at all.

• DD was 8 lbs 6 oz, I had a 2nd degree tear and pushed for 3.5 hours.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • DD was 7 lbs 10 oz and I had a second degree internal tear.
  • DD 9 lbs 4 oz 3rd degree tear

DS 9 lbs 1 oz 2nd degree

imageimage
    Alivia Nichole Willow Nov. 9th 2007 @ 8:22pm 9 lbs 4 oz 20.5"
    Ian Robert March. 5th 2010 @ 6:41pm 9 lbs 1 oz 20.5"

Our blog http://rappfamilyof4.blogspot.com/

• 7lbs 4oz and I had a 3rd-4th degree tear with further episiotomy required. DD came super quick, she was my first and I had tiny hips.
  • 6 lbs 5 oz
    I had a couple spots inside that stretched - they weren't really what they call tearing.
    I gave birth in the water and that helped a lot!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DD1 was 7lbs 10oz, and I tore. Recovery took about 10 days before I felt better.

DD2 was almost 2w late, and weighed 9lbs 5oz. Not surprisingly, I again tore. It took about 15 days (like, 2 days ago) before I felt OK.

Curiously, my OBs don't say to what degree, and I didn't ask.

• She was 7 lbs. and I had two tiny tears that didn't require stitches.
  • 9 lbs 10 oz and no tearing that required stitches.
  • My daughter was 9lbs 7oz 23 inches long and I had some tearing but they didn't tell me how many stitches I needed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I delivered my baby girl on Sunday.  She was 8lbs, 5.6oz...I  had a 2nd degree tear, but she also came really fast!  I only pushed for 20 mins and there she was!
  • He was 8lbs 2oz and 21 inches long and I had a first degree tear.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My baby was 10 lbs 1 oz. I only needed one stitch. Like some pp have mentioned, I think I minimized tearing by taking it really slowly.  I did not have an epidural and when I pushed him quickly I could feel that it was painful and slowed down.
  • 7#, 3 oz and a 1st degree tear with 2 stitches.
  • 8 pounds, 3 ounces and I had a second degree tear.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"