Breastfeeding

BF and the occasional alcoholic drink

just wondering what the recommendations are.  The LC at the hospital said "a glass of wine or so" after dinner is fine... and my sis-in-laws who are breastfeeding seem to have an occasional beer or two.

My DS is just twelve days old... and with feeding so often, I wonder if the alcohol would really be enough out of my system before the next feeding (as I'm feeding every 2-3 hours right now).

Just wondering what you all think.  is the occasional drink o.k.?  Or would you wait until the feedings get a bit more spaced out?  I'm not desperate to have alcohol, but the occasional drink might be nice, given it's been so long!

Thanks!

Re: BF and the occasional alcoholic drink

• I have a drink here and there. I had wine, beer, margaritas...dark beer is actually good for your supply.

Here is a Kellymom link with good info. No need to pump & dump!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My LC recommended waiting 2 hours per drink before feeding.  LO is eating so frequently right now that I have decided not to drink, but I think you should be fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • M.AmyM.Amy member
    My LC said if you can drive after the drink then you can nurse. 
  • I usually have one glass of wine on a weekend night. I am to tird to have anything else!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"