Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Loss of appetite

It will be 4 weeks tomorrow and I am having trouble eating one meal a day, let alone more than that. I just have no real desire to eat. It doesn't do anything for me. I am down 25 pounds since the beginning of the month and my Mom is starting to freak out. I keep telling her that I am eating some, just not so much, because I am not hungry. Usually I am a stress eater. I think this pain has just been too much for me.  I hate that my body is looking this way. People keep telling me that I look good, but I miss my 7 month bump. Any of you have anything similar?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Loss of appetite

• Options
    i am sorry.  i haven't had this problem.  i ate 4 slices of cake in the last 2 days!  but i wanted to say that i am sorry for your loss.  how is your weight compared to the beginning of your pg?  what does your doctor say?
  • Options
    My weight is 25 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight. I know I had some to spare and my Doctor hasn't said anything. I lost 6 pounds during the 7 months. It just is kind of crazy to not have anything fit me....I am not used to this at all. I guess I am just trying to find a way to explain it to my Mom. DH isn't worried too much because he sees that I do eat, just not a lot. And I do wish that cake sounded good to me :) I miss chocolate.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't say that I haven't had an appetite while grieving, but I know it can happen.  I have stopped eating during other situations, but this time I have been overeating.  At least you're trying to eat something plus you need nutrients for your body to recover; you don't want to get sick.   Try to eat mini-meals, even if it's just a piece of fruit, througout the day to keep your strength up. 
    My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
  • Options
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm just now starting to eat because I want to.  My husband and my best friend always monitor my food intake.  I'm so thankful for that because I need to be getting healthy for when I get pg again.  My grief counselor gave me homework. She told me to eat something, didn't matter what it was, at certain times of the day. Work slowly at getting back to eating again.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I agree with the mini-meals! Try to eat something little several times a day. That is the healthiest way to do things.
  • Options
    I had a difficult time eating as well.  My husband and mother would monitor my food intake also.  I ate nothing but toast for almost 2 weeks.  
  • Options
    It took me 2 hours the first couple of weeks to finish a meal. I got used to eating cold food.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Me.  I had gained 4 pounds when I lost Max, and then I lost about 12 afterwards.  I was skinny to start out with.  I looked AWFUL.  As time has gone on and I've begun healing, my appetite has returned and I'm almost back to my normal weight.  Just take it one meal at a time.  I had to force myself to eat there for a while.
  • Options

Same for me, I checked my weight today and i've lost 20 LBS. Everyone say wow good job, but no, i'm happy with the weight loss but sad at the same time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"