Parenting
Options

What is the cheapest you can do your weekly groceries and stick to it.

Not including diapies and wipes and all that....

Also, I am talking cheap, not my grocery budget is 250 weekly and I sometimes get by at 200 but for reals cheap. 

Re: What is the cheapest you can do your weekly groceries and stick to it.

• Options
    Wow- really? My cheap is 75 but it usually runs around 100 per week.
  • Options
    ZenyaZenya member
    NM.  I misread.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I avg $200.  I hit $150 this last week and was THRILLED!  But that's not a full week, I'll probably have to shop this weekend (my run was on Tuesday).  

clip coupons, buy sales, buy meat in bulk, and pray. 

GL 

• Options

I think she means she doesn't want a comment saying, "I budget $250, but sometimes I get out of there around $200"....not saying that is OP's case.  

My typical week at the grocery is $70ish.  Then once/month I stock up on meat and fill the freezer - so that week is $120ish (and usually not much pantry stuff).  

• Options

it depends on where you live .  when I lived in the midwest, I could get organic, grassfed beef, etc and stay around $100/wk.  nyc, forget it... I'm lucky to get in at below $175/wk.  and that's with the buying in bulk and clipping coupons and buying sales.   but I also don't buy in the middle often... stick to fresh produce or frozen veggies,  

• Options
    ZenyaZenya member
    imagejettagurl:

I think she means she doesn't want a comment saying, "I budget $250, but sometimes I get out of there around $200"....not saying that is OP's case.  

yes yes, sorry.  I read too fast. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We do about $80-$100 per week with one big Costco visit a month (150-200).  We always order take out for Friday night and cook a "fun" dinner Saturday night.  Saturday nights are a new recipe or steaks or ahi tuna.  Something a little more elaborate than a week day meal. 
  • Options
    imagebebemama:

Not including diapies and wipes and all that....

Also, I am talking cheap, not my grocery budget is 250 weekly and I sometimes get by at 200 but for reals cheap. 

I haven't heard the word "diapies" in a while...LOL!

I can usually get out of the store for $150.  

• Options
    We usually do $100/week... max is $125 and that's for the 4 of us plus my mom.

• Options

When DH was unemployed and DS was a baby (nursing only) we did about 200/month.  The whole time he was unemployed we didn't buy meat (but we did eat what we had in the freezer already).

Now that DS eats food and I shop at the co-op about half the time, More like 350/month so about 80/week.  If I shopped only at the regular grocery probably 60/week.

ETA:  Only DH eats meat I cook all my beans from scratch, bake bread, buy flour and oats and rice in 50 lb bags, etc.  Also we have a garden in the summer and can our produce.  Also I do custom sewing and trade for home-canned food a lot.  That is why ours is pretty low even though we buy about 75% organic/local.

• Options
    $65-75 is my cheap.  I've never spent more than $100 per week.
  • Options
    I can't get it below $175 a week.  I'm impressed by those who can! 
  • Options
    I have a family of four (myself and 3 kids, one being a teenager) and I spend less than $300/mth.
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Options

I'd say around $70-$100 per week.

But we don't go weekly and we stock up on meat and such at Sam's once a month, but we average about $400 in groceries a month.

I've been doing better lately because now I have all of the basics for all the well rounded dishes I make. 

FWIW, I have had grocery bills of upwards of $800/month.

Me with my littlest.
  • Options
    REOMREOM member

$450/month. I don't shop weekly, I do a stock up at Costco, then go maybe twice a month to the grocery store with a few produce trips in between

DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We spend about $100 at the grocery store, but we buy snacks and stuff at Target b/c it's way cheaper. We also do 1 monthly trip to Costco for meat that we divide into freezer bags to last a month or more. When DH was laid off, we began using coupons and have stuck to it b/c it seems wasteful not to. I can't believe how exciting saving $.50 can be :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"