Military Families

Ok to lurk or post every now and then?

My DH is not military, but federal law enforcement.  He is away from home and often out of the country for extended periods of time for the job.  Although my situation is not exactly the same, he has a dangerous job that takes him away from home for months at a time.  You ladies seem to be supportive and have really good avice.  I sometimes feel like the other boards don't totally understand what my family goes through (although I realize I don't totally fit in here either.)  Just wondering if you'd mind if I posted every now and then with a related question....thanks!
imageLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Ok to lurk or post every now and then?

• Id say YH has basically the same as ours, so welcome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't mind Big Smile
  • You are more then welcome to join us!

So Hi! and Welcome! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks!  I just wanted to check first.  We are currently in NY, but have been in GA and Washington DC for the job.  I hope to stay here for a while, but we signed a mobility agreement, so you never know Smile  DH is currently working from NY, which I am grateful for, but has crappy unpredictable hours that makes having a normal routine difficult.  I love my DH and am so proud of him, but am sometimes jealous of friends who have husbands who have 'normal' jobs....   I'm currently a SAHM, but used to work for a company that sold vehicles through AAFES / NEXCOM.  It was hard to manage his schedule and childcare....

Thanks again for making me feel welcome!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Welcome to the board. Your LO is so cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"