Pregnant after a Loss
Options

s/o POLL! Are you friends with your exboyfriends?

I'm just curious. I am not, never have been and the concept is a little foreign to me. Not saying it's bad or wrong, I've just never liked a guy in a way to not wanna be with him but want to stay friends.

[Poll]
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Labor Buddy to Blowfish11

Re: s/o POLL! Are you friends with your exboyfriends?

• Options
    I only really had one ex. We dated for a year and a half. I was devastated when we broke up. Later became friends with his wife (who he dated right after we broke up) . We have double dated a couple of times. I consider him a friend, and I wouldn't do anything with him alone really ....DH knows it is absolutely nothing to worry about. I laugh when I think about the difference between the two...and to think I once thought we would get married...oh, young love.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DH was my first boyfriend so I don't have any others to stay friends with. I dated some other guys here and there in and right after high school but I never saw them again.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not really friends so much as acquaintances. DH is the only guy I've dated since I moved to Florida, so all my ex's live at least 1000 miles away, but we still chat on FB or text on very rare occasions, never hang out or get very close, though. 
    DD1 01/09/11 DD2 10/31/12 #3 EDD 10/22/14--Stick baby stick! Always in my heart, 4 sweet angels 2/10, 10/11, 12/11 & 10/13
  • Options

I am on good terms with them all. DH is the only boyfriend that I have ever had after moving away from home so all of my ex's are 300+ miles away. If I go home and see them by chance then we are friendly but we do not actively talk regularly.

Except for this one guy. We were engaged when I was in high school (I know stupid right?) He is crazy and abusive and I ran for the hills when he followed me down to college. I would probably kill him if I ever saw him again. 

• Options

Well, other than the ex mentioned below, I am generally not friends with my BFs.  My second most serious BF and I are FB friends and ocassionally text but we are so very very different now (he's a comedian/actor and I'm a lawyer) that we really don't have much to talk about.  I just congratulate him if I see that he is on tv or something.

Then, I sort of dated but really just slept with (I know, I was such a slutbag) a family friend of sorts who I see fairly regularly because of family stuff, so we are friendly, if not a bit awkward.

Otherwise, I haven't kept in contact with any of my other ex BFs.

• Options
    This would require me to have ex boyfriends. H was my first real boyfriend.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't say friends - we say hello and keep in touch but I don't have any ex-boyfriends that I hang out with.  I wish all them well though - but like so many other people in my life - they aren't really a priority so I don't really see them.
  • Options
    I am not friends with any in the "let's hang out" sort of way.  But my "big" ex (we dated off and on for about 5 years) is a friend on facebook and we are friendly to each other if we cross paths.  DH is friendly with him too, but doesn't really like him, which is a big reason we aren't closer.  I tried to be early on and it was definitely not worth the problems it caused DH and I.
  • Options

Umm NO! I met DH when I was still in high school so all my "exes" were all highschool bf's that lasted less than 6 months with the exception of 1 (the last one who I dated before DH). He broke up with me because I interfered with his pot habit. (Apparently asking him to limit himself to smoking only once per day is "clingy".)

The most seriously one used to text me after DH & I started dating and once after DH & I got serious my ex sent me a bunch of texts about how he made the biggest mistake of his life and he wanted me back and blah blah blah and it felt so good to say, "Well you should have thought of that before, you ass." And I haven't talked to him since.

And unfortunately I had TERRIBLE taste in guys back then. I've since seen 2 others on our local "most wanted" list. Embarrassed

• Options
    I am friendly with two, one is still in my circle of friends from high school and the other I'm friends with on FB.  But we don't really talk.  He's just on there. 
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 7.16.11 - Chemical M/C 7.26.11
    BFP 1.12.12 - EDD 10.12.12 - Stick baby stick!
    Beta#1 (12DPO) - Beta 48 Prog 34
    Beta #2(19DPO) - Beta 1767 Prog 54 - Beta #3(26DPO) -
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I would say I have 3 "significant" ex-es.

The first one: we do not speak....HS/college boyfriend with really bad breakup.

The second one: I have hung out with in the past. Though while DH and I were dating he kept telling me and other people that we (DH and I) would not last. And I was telling people we were talking about marriage. He tried to tell me I wasn't happy. This when he never even met DH nor did he ever really talk to me on a regular basis. It was only when my friend straight up told him that I WAS happy and we were probably going to be engaged soon! haha! Don't really talk to him much anymore.

Third one: We are facebook friends. We don't really communicate that much but he's not a bad guy. I actually thanked him sometime after DH and I got together. Haha. I told him that if he wouldn't have broken up with me I probably would have never met a guy that treated me like a queen!!

• Options
    I dated my first b/f for 7 years and we are currently friends.  We didn't talk much for the first 6 months after we broke up, but we shared so much history that we eventually became friends again.  DH is cool with our friendship and is even friends with my ex.  My other ex and I are not friends.  The relationship ended very badly.  I do have a weird curiosity about what is going on with him, but I don't want to be friends.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    One exBF is a good friend of DH and I. He was my first real serious relationship and really screwed with me. It was hard being friends with him at first, but now things are great. He was actually at my wedding:) I think some of my family thought it was weird, but it wasn't a big deal to us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Babywearing, cloth diapering, formula and breastmilk feeding, still can't believe I'm a mom, momma to my little man, two furbabies, and two angel babies.
  • Options

Not a single one .  .  . only 3 serious relationships.  I sometimes see one of my ex's on FB because we still have some mutual friends, but we aren't even FB friends and it's been YEARS. 

I just never had a relationship end mutually or nicely - so they are the enemy - LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"