Military Families

This is gonna get old.

2»

Re: This is gonna get old.

• Hmmm, how should I put this.

Oh, I know I'll use something my toddlers understand:

"You get what you get and you don't throw a fit"...

Being a military spouse can suck... I totally agree, but there are also boundaries for the position of military wife/husband. Come on a board like this, and you are probably going to see "put on your big girl panties"... "suck it up"... and "DUH... IT'S THE MILITARY" responses.

HOWEVER, you will also get a ton of support, references, information, prayers and understanding. No-one else will "get it" like a fellow military spouse.

So it is a double edged sword. We'll be there for each other, and kick each other in the azz when needed.

• imageARMYmarriedNAVY:

Hmmm, how should I put this.

Being a military spouse can suck... I totally agree, but there are also boundaries for the position of military wife/husband. Come on a board like this, and you are probably going to see "put on your big girl panties"... "suck it up"... and "DUH... IT'S THE MILITARY" responses.

HOWEVER, you will also get a ton of support, references, information, prayers and understanding. No-one else will "get it" like a fellow military spouse.

So it is a double edged sword. We'll be there for each other, and kick each other in the azz when needed.

You know I like you.. You seem like a pretty awesome women! Just wanted to tell you that..  

And I completely agree with what you are saying too! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • image~LittleOne~:
    imageARMYmarriedNAVY:

Hmmm, how should I put this.

You know I like you.. You seem like a pretty awesome women! Just wanted to tell you that..  

And I completely agree with what you are saying too! 

Agreed, AmN is Awesome!!!!

Also, your "once in a life time" apparently came twice, once when you got married, and the second time when you had your big princess day. I dont really care if the second one was religious or just so you could wear a big dress and have everyone gush over you and give you gifts. It came twice. And you over stepped your bounds going into YH's boss's office even if he "asked you to" His boss. His job. his duty to get sh!t taken care of. 

You reap what you sew around here, so if you are sewing a bunch of beebee nonsense, you will get responded to accordingly. If you need to vent fine, but this is WAY above that. You are reaping what you have sewn.

If this many people are reacting the same way, its probably a "you" thing and not an "us" thing. 

imageMilitary Newlyweds FAQ Button
    I changed my name
  • imageneonstarfish:

Put'um on and get over yourself. 

teehee, I love you Neon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePrincessJesci:

1 - I didn't embarras him like you all are assuming.  Commander wanted proof and he got it along with a pissed off woman in his office because he was being a douche bag. DH asked me to bring the binder in. It didn't hurt his career. He was promoted the next month.

2 - This wasn't a night out for dinner and a movie. It was our frickin wedding and honeymoon. Our once in a lifetime, dream come true, storybook, fairytale wedding that we had already spent more than a year planning and a crapton of money on.  See how sweet and demure you are when someone threatens to cancel that on you.

So, yes, I did stand up for myself when things didn't go my way. Yes, I did go straight to the top when he asked me to. Yes, I was assertive. If that makes me a whiny brat then I guess I'll wear that badge proudly.

Your wedding is not the army's concern. IF the army wanted your husband to have a wife, they would have issued him one in basic training.

Storming in his CO's office only is going to make things worse for your husband. His NCO's can and will make it tough because you were a cry baby. You sound like one of my husbands soldiers wives who stormed in PISSED saying they he can not go to afghanistan because she is pregnant.

Really? My husbands answer was, Ma'am. I missed my wife's pregnancy, the delivery of my only child and I am going to miss her life until she is almost 2 years old. You are a big girl, you can handle this on your own.

• Aside from the OP being a whiny twit.  Am I the only one who sees a problem with the fact that her H was throwing a fit about leave and didn't use HIS chain of command himself? If I, ever, went in to my CO's office without letting my Chain know first, they would have grilled my asss.  Furthermore if my husband did it, I'd get it twice as bad.  This whole story is a whole lot of FUBAR.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"