Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How quickly did you lose weight PP? Did it affect your milk supply?

8 days after giving birth I'm down 18 lbs which is half of my overall pregnancy weight gain. Is this normal? If not, could that be why I'm having milk supply issues? Thanks.

Re: How quickly did you lose weight PP? Did it affect your milk supply?

• I lost 17 pounds in the first week, and have stuck there. 10 to go. I mean, you just lost a baby, a ton of fluid, a placeta... it all adds up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I gained 29 pounds total.  I have lost all but 6 pounds, I lost 16 in the first few days.  It hasn't affected my milk supply as far as I can tell.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I gained 27 lbs and am now only 6 lbs away from my pp weight. I hit a wall it seems and was at this weight since 2 1/2 weeks. My supply is fine, bf helps you lose weight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That sounds right. I don't think that and your supply are related. Just make sure you are drinking lots of water...eating plenty.
    Due October 29
  • I lost all of my baby weight pretty much right away.  I think I lost everything due  to breastfeeding - my milk supply was fine.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I gained 32 pounds and at 2 weeks PP I had lost all but 8 of it.  Now I am under my pre-pregnancy weight and my milk is bountiful.  I do eat like I haven't seen food in months though.
  • by the middle of the second week I had lost 25 lbs.  I have 5 more lbs to go, but those 5 lbs were lost before I got pregnant while I was going to the gym.  So, I may have to wait till I get the OK to be able to loose those last 5 lbs.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I lost 28 lbs in 4 weeks. I have not noticed a connection to milk supply.
  • I gained 34 lbs total while pregnant. I lost it all by 3 weeks PP. I am now 7 lbs lighter then that at 10 weeks PP

ETA: I FF, so I don't know if or how it would have affected my supply. 

• I didn't weigh myself until I was 1 month PP.  I had gained 37 lbs with my pregnancy, and lost 30 lbs of it by then.  Haven't weighed myself since, because I celebrated by eating a sleeve of Thin Mints LOL.  However, my supply is just fine.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I had lost 22 lbs (gained 40) by the time I got home from the hospital and as of this afternoon I have 4 lbs left to hit pp weight. I know that this didnt affect my supply because if it had I would be WAY too full... I have a lot of milk!

As a pp said... drink lots of water and this will help.. I chug it all day long. 

I also found that I eat better now then I did when I was PG... I have cravings now and didnt while PG but all I want now is fruit!!! Good thing I guess : ) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I gained 27 lbs during pregnancy and lost 26 in the first week and a half. I BF and wasn't getting time to eat much and yes, I think it was affecting my milk supply. LO was getting enough and gaining great but I wasn't getting as much pumping as I would've liked. I have made it a point to eat more in the last week or so and I have more milk.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"