Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Just ever so slightly dented ...

in ... the soft spot at the front of my baby's head is just slightly sunken ... I can feel it ... I noticed it yesterday (Thursday) after her nap ... she had had her vaccines on Wednesday ... was a little rough for the first few hours when we got home that day but then she was back to her old self ... then on Thursday (not necessarily making a link ... IDK), I noticed the slightly sunken soft spot.

I immediately called for an appt. to see our pedi ... she felt it and said that its normal ... that some day to day variation is normal ... that I need to be looking at the "big picture ... has she been vomiting ... does she have diarhea ... is she lethargic, has she been giving good urine output, etc." ... she was trying to talk me through recognizing the symptoms of dehydration but I can't help it ... I'm still a little worried ... thoughts? TIA

Re: Just ever so slightly dented ...

• I've noticed this a little on my LO one, too.  I'm not concerned because she has no other signs of dehydration.  In fact, she soaked through a diaper tonight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDanikat15:
    I've noticed this a little on my LO one, too.  I'm not concerned because she has no other signs of dehydration.  In fact, she soaked through a diaper tonight.

Okay ... that's helpful to hear ... thanks ... I swear I'm gonna give myself a stroke ...  I feel like I panic about everything ... I'm praying for a since of calm ... peace to come over me ... my lo has been to the pedi every week (except last week) that she's been in this world ... I've even taken her to the emergency room ... I'm naturally a bit anxious but this baby stuff has taken me to a ALL NEW HIGH!!!! Indifferent

• Loading the player...
  • Yup DS's goes down a little bit too. No worries. The ped always feels it and he has never said anything about it.

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

• I read once that this can mean they are spending too much time upright.  Not sure where though, so no idea if it's a reputable source.
  • imagemitchelltheojua:

imageDanikat15:
    I've noticed this a little on my LO one, too.  I'm not concerned because she has no other signs of dehydration.  In fact, she soaked through a diaper tonight.

Okay ... that's helpful to hear ... thanks ... I swear I'm gonna give myself a stroke ...  I feel like I panic about everything ... I'm praying for a since of calm ... peace to come over me ... my lo has been to the pedi every week (except last week) that she's been in this world ... I've even taken her to the emergency room ... I'm naturally a bit anxious but this baby stuff has taken me to a ALL NEW HIGH!!!! Indifferent

Same here!  I pray for this every night!  I feel I am getting a little better but I worry about everything.  I didn't notice LO's soft spot and then one day it seemed like it suddenly appeared and it is ridged.  I don't know if that's the right word.  Wish I could draw a picture!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"