Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Okay, admit it: Who has a stinky baby?

I do.

We give Jack a bath every other night, and on the in-between nights we do a sponge down with baby wipes. I've started having to also do a wipey bath every morning when he wakes up, because my little man STINKS. I don't know why, but he smells like a sweaty little boy.

:( The whole time I was pregnant I looked forward to nice baby smell.. not rank baby B.O.

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image

Re: Okay, admit it: Who has a stinky baby?

• Options
    Big JBig J member

DDs hands smell all the time.  I wipe them down at least twice a day yet they always stink like milk!  Oh, and DDs nickname is Stink Butt!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I smelled DS lastnight thinkin "dang boy, you stink!" And then I realized I didnt wash behind his ears good enough...there was crusty breastmilk behind there....bad mommy HaHa

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Mine has stinky breastmilk poops....and he smells like milk because I squirt him in the face all the time, and he spits up so much!  His nickname is Stinky Pants!

• Options

I'm loling at baby b.o.

And no, my baby doesn't stink, but my god can this kid sweat!  Sometimes we're both soaked after cuddling.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ella doesn't typically stink but when her reflux flares up man her breath could knock a grown man out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    By the end of the day he reeks...he's a messy eater, and formula always makes its way onto his outfit.  Stinky!
  • Options
    His cheeks always smell like breast milk no matter how often I wipe them. He's a messy eater!
  • Options

I wish I could blame it on formula/breast milk.

I lifted his arms the other day, and the stank emanating from there was ridiculous.

• Options
    imageDanikat15:

I'm loling at baby b.o.

And no, my baby doesn't stink, but my god can this kid sweat!  Sometimes we're both soaked after cuddling.

This.  I was wondering if anyone else's LO's sweat.  Sometimes her head is soaked after taking a nap.  We both are soaked if she falls asleep on me.  Her little body gets soooo hot. 

• Options
    Her farts smell worse than mine and Andrew's. But otherwise, she does have that baby smell Stick out tongue
  • Options
    LOLOLOL. Your on your own dear!! My monkey smells like Baby Menenen. I had that stuff shipped to me from Nicaragua cause it smells awesome. I put a dab on his clothes and blankets. I even have the body wash and soap now. A perfectly delish baby smell
  • Options
    Ever smell Alimentum?  Well it smells like rotten cheese its.  After a day of vomitting that crap all over himself....Asher smells like a dumpster and all I can do it give him sponge baths right now because his stump is still hanging on by a strange of gooey skin. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    Holly, if the stump is just about gone.. use some nail clippers on that b!tch. That's what we did. It was getting rancid. Then, go dunk your kiddo. :)
  • Options

I should.  It looks sore though, I didn't want to hurt him.  But if you did it....off I go cause this kid smells like you wouldn't believe. 

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options

For the record, I didn't just do it out of nowhere. I called the pedi cause it had been hanging on by this little bit of skin for like, 2 days, and honestly, I think the constant pulling on that likely hurt worse than the clipping.

Think about it. If you cut your finger open, and every time you moved it brushed something and a part of it got hung... that would hurt way more than if it was clipped and clean, and couldn't get hung on things.

• Options

imagea4smith:
    I smelled DS lastnight thinkin "dang boy, you stink!" And then I realized I didnt wash behind his ears good enough...there was crusty breastmilk behind there....bad mommy HaHa

I am so guilty of this! 

• Options
    Do stinky farts count? LOL. If so DD would be in the lead for stinkiest baby out there. We can actually only bathe LO weekly.. gah it sounds so gross but she gets a horrible rash from all shampoos and body washes we've tried :( which is weird because she isn't sensitive to detergents or fabric softners.. anyways I wipe her down every other day with a wipe and put lotion on her.. but other than that she smells clean, I even get compliments on how nice my baby smells.. except when she's farting lol.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"