1st Trimester
Options

Freaking OUT please reassure me!

My 4th beta was today, my RE called me (first red flag something is wrong because usually it's the call back nurse) to tell me my beta levels are great but my progesterone level dropped. 

I have to pick up progesterone supplements tonight.  He said since I haven't had any spotting that's a good sign.  Now I just wait and pray until my ultrasound on Tuesday.  I am so worried and overwhelmed.  We're going out of town for the weekend for a wedding and I am so not up for it right now.  Crying

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Freaking OUT please reassure me!

• Options
    How much did it drop? Progesterone levels can change daily, mine have. I'm glad they are putting you on supps. Hope that takes care of the issue. Hang in there!
  • Options
    I know it's hard but try not to worry. Lots of women take progesterone supplements during their pregnancy and have perfectly healthy babies at the end.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had very low progesterone only 4 they put me on supplements with two days it tripeled and everything was fine.  It also depends on the time of day they take it, progesterone levels surge at different times, also if they tests arent done exactly within a certain time period they will also be off.
  • Options

I didn't ask the number to be honest, I just know it dropped enough for him to put me on supplements today.  DH keeps trying to assure me this weekend will take my mind of of it, but we planned to tell his parents this weekend (he still wants to) but I dunno how explaining all of this could possibly take my mind off of it.

• Options

Thanks girls, you are making me feel better.  I'm just overwhelmed I think.  Trying to take deep breaths.

• Options

Hello, I am 7 weeks today. I too had my progesterone levels drop and was placed on supplements last week. The numbers jump WAY up right away. Nothing to stress about, because if you stress, the baby senses it. I too panicked, until my sister-in-law, mother to FIVE Lil Monkeys, stated not to stress the numbers all that much. All you can do is stay as positive as possible and start focusing on when the baby is here. How will you decorate the room? Etc. Focus on being happy and keeping you & your hubby's relationship fantastic, because as soon as your precious baby comes along, your relationship will be all about your Lil Bundle of Joy. Have fun at the wedding Big Smile

• Options

Do you know what the number was?

Two things:

1.  Progesterone should be drawn first thing in the morning FASTING.  If you didn't do that, it isn't 100% accurate.

2.  Progesterone fluctuates quite a bit during the day.  If you take it first thing then three hours later it can be more than 50% different.   

My progesterone was terrible at 5 weeks (8.6).  I was very very upset and the doctor wasn't optimistic.  Fast forward to now... I had my NT scan yesterday and everything looks great. Baby is measuring ahead, the heartbeat is strong, the sac is great, and the nuchal measurement looked perfect. 

I am still on prometrium and will be staying on it for another week or so.  Not spotting is a great sign - I didn't ever spot either.  Remember, with IVF (or any pregnancies that are highly monitored) sometimes you can have TOO MUCH INFORMATION.  I know women long for a zillion ultrasounds and blood work and things like that, but I don't think they understand how having a TMI pregnancy can be super super stressful.

Good luck! I hope your progesterone goes up and you have a great ultrasound.

• Options
    I know nothing about this, just wanted to say I'm hoping for the best and hang in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"