Indiana Babies

am i being paranoid?

I am so afraid I'm going to go into labor early. I had one bleeding scare around 22 weeks, but they said it was a fluke and since then I haven't had any complications. The last few days I just feel awful though, tons of BH (i'm assuming its not real contractions because they don't get worse), constant upset stomach and shooting pain and pressure really low. I was induced 2 weeks late with Emma so I don't know what it feels like to go into labor. I am just starting to freak out over every little thing that its going to be the real thing and I won't know it. I was also lucky and had a super easy 3rd tri with Em, I didn't get very big and never had a single BH contraction and she didn't drop until I was induced so I just didn't deal with any of this stuff.

I'm hoping since most of you ladies have had babies you can tell me I'm just worrying about normal 3rd tri pregnancy symptoms and not pre-term labor. I have a dr appt on Wednesday so I don't want to call and get sent to L&D for hours if I'm just worrying about nothing. Thanks!!

Re: am i being paranoid?

• I'm not sure what normal is - but with Andrew - my earliest symptoms were increased mucous discharge, severe back pain, a couple of BH, and then light spotting.

Everyone is different though, and my advice is if you are EVER concerned, call your doctor!  I would rather spend a few unnecessary time in L&D than be wrong and regret it later!

• imagelemen99:

Everyone is different though, and my advice is if you are EVER concerned, call your doctor!  I would rather spend a few unnecessary time in L&D than be wrong and regret it later!

Ditto!  I was induced so now advice there, but I think you should at least call your doctor and let them know the symptoms!

• Loading the player...
  • Me, three!  I would call.  With DS, I didn't go into labor, I was induced.  HOWEVER, my assistant went into labor at 21 weeks, and all she felt was low back pain.  GO!
  • imagelemen99:

I agree.  I felt some contrax early and my OB dismissed my claim and then I never felt anymore until after I'd been on pitocin for about an hour.

• I was, not to scare you, but 32w5d when I was admitted to the hospital with pre-term labor.  I never had any bleeding but for about a week prior to going to the hospital I was having contractions.  I chalked them up to BH's, but turned out they were real.  I had severe lower back pain and felt crampy, just like if I was on my period.  I was able to time my ctx's about 3 minutes apart. 

If you're concerned I'd call your doctor.  It took me a week to call because I didn't want to bother them over something so "stupid" that turned out to be very serious.  When in doubt, just call.  It's peace of mind if nothing else, and definitely not worth risking yours or your baby's health!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"